Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 243
# 21
05-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
All of the benefits from spending skills in those powers have been updated for Warbirds.
Thus, on some of the higher-tier ships, the stats may be lower for spending the same number of skill points.
Er, to clarify the clarification, it's sounding to me like points spent into the skills Structural Integrity, Starship Shield Systems, and Impulse Thrusters were producing slightly more results when the captain was in a Warbird as opposed to a warp core ship, requiring them to be brought down to balance the two, is that correct?
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
# 22
05-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentexeider View Post
How the heck do you get into the closed beta, I'm probably one of the oldest accounts in recent memory and I didn't get an invite.
It's not about account age, it's about how much time you have spent on Tribble in the past. If you're not on Tribble very often, they're not going to let you in until Open Beta access.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 242
# 23
05-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyouki View Post
Er, to clarify the clarification, it's sounding to me like points spent into the skills Structural Integrity, Starship Shield Systems, and Impulse Thrusters were producing slightly more results when the captain was in a Warbird as opposed to a warp core ship, requiring them to be brought down to balance the two, is that correct?
Ok that makes slightly more sense - explanationwise
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
# 24
05-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentexeider View Post
How the heck do you get into the closed beta, I'm probably one of the oldest accounts in recent memory and I didn't get an invite.
I know the feeling. I was active on STO since it's Beta days over 3 years ago, and I never got a Beta invite. I also bought the Legacy pack for the new Romulan stuff. Also have lifetime subscription. What's the magic key I missed???
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,353
# 25
05-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Nukara mission rewards have been updated.
    • Update the Tholian Equipment Requisition packs received as rewards for completing missions on Nukara
      • Standard: 75% Green item, 25% Blue item
      • Advanced: 50% Green item, 50% Blue item
      • Elite: Both a Green and a Blue item
    • All very rare (purple) and set items have been removed from these packs, and can now be earned by progressing in the Nukara Strike Force Reputation.
Not cool.

To force players to grind for a handful of Tholian marks for hours on multiple characters, but to remove anything good from a chance drop that's no better than trash?

This will not encourage players to do Tholian Marks.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
# 26
05-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofoundgod83 View Post
I know the feeling. I was active on STO since it's Beta days over 3 years ago, and I never got a Beta invite. I also bought the Legacy pack for the new Romulan stuff. Also have lifetime subscription. What's the magic key I missed???
As I said to the other person who asked:

It's not about account age, it's about how much time you have spent on Tribble in the past. If you're not on Tribble very often, they're not going to let you in until Open Beta access.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,643
# 27
05-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
All of the benefits from spending skills in those powers have been updated for Warbirds.
Thus, on some of the higher-tier ships, the stats may be lower for spending the same number of skill points.
so.... particle gens helps plasma shockwave a bit less then for example? is that what you mean?
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 605
# 28
05-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
[/list][/list]Not cool.

To force players to grind for a handful of Tholian marks for hours on multiple characters, but to remove anything good from a chance drop that's no better than trash?

This will not encourage players to do Tholian Marks.
I'm feeling a bit more rage-tastic over this. To the point I'm tempted to go start up a "Boycott the Nukara Reputation" thread. I'm not of course, but I have no intention of touching it until they either replace the Tholian Boxes with Fleet Marks (preferably of the amounts currently obtained on Holodeck) or drastically increase the number of Nukara Marks given.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 73
# 29
05-02-2013, 05:26 PM
They will be adding Nukura Marks to more Tholian based content, just watch the patch notes for when they do
Zebulon_Giles:


My Characters: (from left to right)

N'Gubist Ripeaz Menniz
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 844
# 30
05-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Ive been testing the nukara stuff thats given out at DS9

Im not impressed the space set at all grades is underwhelming

The ground set is ok but nothing to write home about

altogether i wont be grinding for tholian marks

I would rather grind for rom marks
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:51 AM.