Cryptic Studios Team
# 1 Further upcoming EPtX tweaks
05-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Hi all,

Sorry for the prolonged silence on the EPtX front, but until we had made a final decision on what we were going to do with these powers, I didn't want to risk miscommunication on the issue. We are planning to revert the cooldowns of these abilities back to their Holodeck recharge times, while maintaining the QoL upgrades to Weapons, Auxiliary, and Engines which are currently on Tribble. The duration of all Emergency Power buffs will be 30 seconds across the board.

While we do want to create situations in which players choose between survivability and damage and make conscious choices about what powers they use when, we've decided it's more important right now to make all Emergency Power choices viable than it is to disrupt the metagame that's evolved around builds with ensign-level Engineering powers. My hope is that now, every time you get an Engineering Bridge Officer with an Emergency Power ability of any sort, you will feel like you could conceivably benefit from slotting that officer without retraining them. We may make further adjustments to these powers in the future as part of our ongoing quest to keep the game fun for all players, but for now, this is what we're planning on doing.

-AdjudicatorHawk
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Thank you very, very much for listening to and understanding our feedback.
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road
Career Officer
# 3
05-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Many thanks for listening to our feedback. Any chance Team powers will be getting a similar quality-of-life bonus (since Tactical Team is way more powerful than Engineering/Science Teams and lasts longer)?
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 4
05-02-2013, 05:09 PM
*falls over*

THANK YOU
Captain
# 5
05-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh...

Now my dreadnought is getting better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 6
05-02-2013, 05:12 PM
thanks!

as i really was interested at trying different combinations of the powers when the changes to them was first made
Captain
# 7
05-02-2013, 05:13 PM
The intense drama could have been avoided if there was interactive discussion about what you were trying to accomplish and the ideal way of getting there. Players want the game to be better too.
Career Officer
# 8
05-02-2013, 05:14 PM
And Ten Thousand nerds simultaneously breathe a sigh of relief!

Thanks for listening to our feedback adjucatorhawk.

Empire Veteran
# 9
05-02-2013, 05:20 PM
this is the best news on this subject we could hope for.

with this decisions you succeeded in making all the other EPt skills extreamly nice too, instead of just an ok option to fill up low level eng station slots you might have an excess of. im a long time user of 2 different EPt types, possible on any ship thanks to damage control doffs or tech doffs, and this change makes the other 3 EPt skills significantly better.

everyone will still use EPtS, because shield res is literally everything, and will be as long as shooting each other is a thing in game. but i think more will adjust their build, and use damage control or tech doffs, to include a second EPt skill into their builds.

1 thing thisl will change for me on a few builds is drooping EPtS down to EPtS1, and moving the other EPt skill up to a higher level then my EPtS. consider that a success in making the other 3 types desirable

oh boy, maybe theres some hope for DPS cruisers after all...
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
05-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Nice, thanks for listening to us

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Sci Vulcan (Maelrock) Tac Andorian (Shen) Rom/KDF: Sci (Mervek)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day