Captain
# 31
05-21-2013, 06:42 AM
I hope the notes are correct... it was the right move to begin with. This will allow for up time chaining... which is good. Nothing changes there.

The gap everyone is worried about really is no big deal. Considering all the other options to boost shield resists.... if you can't manage 10s every 30s you suck.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 32
05-21-2013, 06:42 AM
Course, he just posted this in another thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Captains,

The team was gone for the day when I posted the notes, so I couldn't verify if the patch notes had a typo in that section. Once I get a chance to verify them today, I will update How they were on Tribble yesterday is how they are going live today -- I'm fairly certain that the patch notes have a typo in them, but I want to confirm with Hawk before I update.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Captain
# 33
05-21-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
There was a post from bran that he would check if it was a typo or not before updating the notes...

...there's been no update of the notes.
I'm not surprised.

this is why i lost faith in bran a ways back.

Yeah, he means well but he doesnt really have any power to do anything.

and sadly the best intentions dont cut it anymore for this game when they consistantly do things like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I hope the notes are correct... it was the right move to begin with. This will allow for up time chaining... which is good. Nothing changes there.

The gap everyone is worried about really is no big deal. Considering all the other options to boost shield resists.... if you can't manage 10s every 30s you suck.
oh it was probably an ok change, its the bait and switch and the "your feedback is important to us" crap they feed that pisses people off.

and yeah, that 10s can be a big deal. thats how the state of resists are in this game. nothing less then full resists will get ya killed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 34
05-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
I'm not surprised.

and sadly the best intentions dont cut it anymore for this game when they consistantly do things like this.
No, Bran's not sending Geko out to get him a sandwich or having Stahl pick up his drycleaning or anything...

...but imagine where this game would be without Bran and his crew passing our feedback to them, eh?
Career Officer
# 35
05-21-2013, 07:17 AM
My guess is that these are out of data patch notes. I tested the EPTx powers repeatedly and they were working as Adjucatorhawk said they would (i.e. 30s duration for the ability, the special bonus and the power levels).

They would have had to go back on their word to revert this, not put it in a patch and/or be using an older build.

I think we should all try to hold onto our collective marbles guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716
I'm not surprised.

Bran is PR/Community manager and works directly for PWE. Maybe he is connected to marketing.

Why did you ever think he would have direct power to change what decisions are made by the design team who are effectively a type of R&D, and are part of a subsidiary company?

He can make suggestions, maybe let his opinion be known. He can gather and submit player feedback (community management).

This is completely normal with how pretty much any real company functions.

Captain
# 36
05-21-2013, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
My guess is that these are out of data patch notes. I tested the EPTx powers repeatedly and they were working as Adjucatorhawk said they would (i.e. 30s duration for the ability, the special bonus and the power levels).

They would have had to go back on their word to revert this, not put it in a patch and/or be using an older build.

I think we should all try to hold onto our collective marbles guys.

Bran is PR/Community manager and works directly for PWE. Maybe he is connected to marketing.

Why did you ever think he would have direct power to change what decisions are made by the design team who are effectively a type of R&D, and are part of a subsidiary company?

He can make suggestions, maybe let his opinion be known. He can gather and submit player feedback (community management).

This is completely normal with how pretty much any real company functions.
considering how every time they do a "major patch" they based it upon older code i wouldnt be surprised if they somehow did use an older code for the live release. its happened every season patch.

oh i never thought he had direct power, i just thought he had the power to do something and it seems that even was a long stretch of hope.

ya know, since that "head pvp" guy left us last year and we were told there was a new head pvp guy and all.. yet we never heard from him we only heard from bran and bort and even then it was more to keep us all from rioting by making us think maybe the pvp community wouldnt be ignored anymore...

instead we were ignored and blamed by the pve communtiy for every bad change that cryptic did. with no effort on cryptics part to prevent that ostrisation of the communities.

yay.
Quote:
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 37
05-21-2013, 10:47 AM
And then there was this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
There is a correction I am making to the patch notes, under the "Systems" category.

• Updated "Emergency Power" Bridge Officer Abilities:
    • The Emergency Power category of abilities has been tuned so that all four abilities are closer in utility to one another.
    • The duration of all Emergency Power buffs has been standardized at 30 seconds.
    • The shared cooldown between two Emergency Power-type abilities of the same type has been standardized at 30 seconds.
      • Example: Emergency Power to Shields I and Emergency Power to Shields II
    • Emergency Power to Engines:
      • Increased the Flight Speed bonus of Rank 2 and Rank 3 of this ability.
      • Increased the duration of the Flight Speed bonus from 5 seconds up to 30 seconds.
      • This ability now also gives a small flat added value to Turn Speed.
    • Emergency Power to Auxiliary:
      • Modified the tooltip to display the actual amount of Starship Stealth Detection given by this ability.
      • This ability now gives a skill bonus to Starship Particle Generators, Starship Graviton Generators, and Subspace Decompiler for 30 seconds when used.
      • The Stealth and Stealth Detection attributes of this power now last 30 seconds, up from 5 seconds.
    • Emergency Power to Weapons:
      • The Energy Weapon damage bonus of this power now lasts 30 seconds, up from 5 seconds.
    • Emergency Power to Shields:
      • There were no changes to this power.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Captain
# 38
05-21-2013, 10:49 AM
So can anyone confirm? is it going to be 20 second duration on the secondary effect with a 30 second total ability duration? or 30/30? lol

Oh nvm i guess its 30/30 again.
Captain
# 39
05-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
And then there was this...
ah so it was indeed poor editing on their part then, posting mis-information?

not the first time its happened with a major or any type of patch.

id still prefer a complete itemized patch note list.

like other major mmo's do.

theres so many changes that end up happening with no notes anywhere...

its sad.
Quote:
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 40
05-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
theres so many changes that end up happening with no notes anywhere...

its sad.
I've been trying to find the notes that reference EM dropping from 25% to 15%. Sure, it's being changed again with LoR...up to 25% based on your speed rather than the flat bonus regardless of speed; but I can't figure out when they did that drop from 25% to 15% leading up to the change with LoR back to up to 25%...