Lt. Commander
# 21
01-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
By the way Darius, last night I found a work-around to install the Dell Generic Drivers on a customized chip. Unfortunately, when I tried it, it only told me that my Drivers were already up to date. If you'd like, though, I can direct you to the page with the work around as maybe it will work for you.

Guess I'm gonna have to use my Desktop until I can figure out this driver thing.
Well, I think I got to the same process, and it didn't work for me either.

But for what I learned, we're pretty much stuck with it. And I doesn't have the Desktop option yet. =/

You, know, I think this is indeed a driver issue. Because the Intel chip has more than enough memory (358Mb here) to work with, and the system requirements lab test, it goes green in almost every field, only underscoring in the card "name"/brand.

Maybe people at Cryptic will be mercilful and try to make the game compatible, even if it mean running with the lowest graphical settings. And then again, maybe they'll just point at us and laugh.

But thanks for the support mate! Maybe we will eventually bump into each other somewhere in the Alpha Quadrant.

Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-20-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Intel 965 Express Chipset and it just freezes up every time I see that damn turbolift! I updated my drivers from the Intel site then went to the Dell site and went through their updating procedure aswell just to make sure. It made no difference at all.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius_Zendrax
Well, I think I got to the same process, and it didn't work for me either.

But for what I learned, we're pretty much stuck with it. And I doesn't have the Desktop option yet. =/

You, know, I think this is indeed a driver issue. Because the Intel chip has more than enough memory (358Mb here) to work with, and the system requirements lab test, it goes green in almost every field, only underscoring in the card "name"/brand.

Maybe people at Cryptic will be mercilful and try to make the game compatible, even if it mean running with the lowest graphical settings. And then again, maybe they'll just point at us and laugh.

But thanks for the support mate! Maybe we will eventually bump into each other somewhere in the Alpha Quadrant.

Cheers!
Hopefully we'll run into eachother! It would be great to play some STO together.

I'm going to try one last thing really quick, just to see if it works.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Hopefully we'll run into eachother! It would be great to play some STO together.

I'm going to try one last thing really quick, just to see if it works.
Well, if it works, post it pls. Good luck. I'll keep trying too.

Damn, I will keep trying 'till my eyes bleed. This taHqeq of a game is like a friggin' dream come true!

Come on cryptic, help us here at the lower end of the GPU spectrum!
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius_Zendrax
Well, if it works, post it pls. Good luck. I'll keep trying too.

Damn, I will keep trying 'till my eyes bleed. This taHqeq of a game is like a friggin' dream come true!

Come on cryptic, help us here at the lower end of the GPU spectrum!

Well, it definitely didn't work. But it's working great on my desktop, thankfully, although it had some problems with a black screen at start-up. The server shut down for emergency maintenance after a few minutes of play, but I'm LOVING it so far. When you get it to work, could you add me as a friend? My current character name is Sorek of the U.S.S. Atlas, although that may change with the full release.