Survivor of Romulus
# 11
05-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Personally this is one time I think it's okay to change something. The D'deridex is easily as iconic to TNG as is the Galaxy and one of the most interesting ship designs in the ST universe.

This is just one of many examples of where the art/effects department for the TV series made a change based on budgetary concerns and not some other aspect. Personally I think the originally design weapon ports are perfectly placed and really do make perfect sense to have the weapon hardpoints be there.
Captain
# 12
05-07-2013, 12:18 AM
Well thb, the Galaxy crappy hard points as well (dual beam banks facepalm). There is a hidden agenda to shaft iconic ships conspiracy !!!
Captain
# 13
05-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Plenty new patches have been applied to tribble and I've seen lots of people flying a D'Deridex in sector space. As I don't have the time to level another character to lvl 30 (my first one was deleted by Cryptic), can anone who owns a D'Deridex give me an update on the weapon hardpoints? Does the D'Deridex still fire its cannons and turrests from the empty space inside the ship or have they finally been moved to the 'beak'?

Edit:
Darn. I was planning on posting this on the tribble forums, not here.

Last edited by eisenw0lf; 05-12-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Captain
# 14
05-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Empty space.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
# 15
05-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Thanks dalolorn, this is what I expected. If this doesn't get sorted out until launch I will not purchase a D'Deridex. All frontal weapon hardpoints belong onto the 'beak', not in empty space or on warp nacelles. The latter is the other wrong location the devs often choose to slap weapons upon. Seems like many of them assume that they are weaponports. Have they never watched the shows?
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
05-15-2013, 06:31 PM
As an update, the D'deridex dual weapons now fire from actual hardpoints on the ship. Dual cannons fire from points on the upper wings fairly close to the center, while dual beams fire closer to the nacelles. I'm not sure where the dual heavies fire from, but I imagine they fire from a point in between, or from one of those points.

I agree with the rest of you though, I wish the dual weapons all fired from that central point.

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Captain
# 17
06-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Disruptors are still kind of just firing from random spots on the hull without any visible weapons arrays of any kind.
And sadly the single cannons still seem to fire from the empty space between the wings.
I agree with what others have said, that Cannons, Dual Heavy cannons, beam banks etc should all be firing from a central point of the primary weapons array.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
06-01-2013, 01:13 PM
On tribble, single-cannons were firing from the forward hardpoint (aka the deflector), which was the canon location for them. I haven't used any single cannons yet on holodeck, so I can't confirm whether or not they still are.

Can you post a screenshot of the single cannons firing from "open space"?

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Captain
# 19
06-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Here's a pic of the DD armed with turrets and single cannons.
Turrets are firing from the back, and the single cannons are firing out of the empty space in the middle.

Starfleet Veteran
# 20
06-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuatela View Post
On tribble, single-cannons were firing from the forward hardpoint (aka the deflector), which was the canon location for them. I haven't used any single cannons yet on holodeck, so I can't confirm whether or not they still are.

Can you post a screenshot of the single cannons firing from "open space"?
They still do for me, however when using a cannon ability, like cannon rapid fire, they'll shoot from the empty space between the nacelles behind the head of the ship.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook