Survivor of Romulus
# 1 UI Bug or Working as intended?
05-03-2013, 02:40 PM
So I changed my UI on my romulan to green, when I switched back to my Starfleet character, the UI is still green. I changed it back to federation, then when I went back to my romulan it was federation. So it seems the UI colors are account wide instead of character specific, is this working as intended or will we be able to have different UI colors on each character?
Captain
# 2
05-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Working as intended.

I've posted about it on several occasions, but... nothing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Captain
# 3
05-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaphi93 View Post
So I changed my UI on my romulan to green, when I switched back to my Starfleet character, the UI is still green. I changed it back to federation, then when I went back to my romulan it was federation. So it seems the UI colors are account wide instead of character specific, is this working as intended or will we be able to have different UI colors on each character?
Good question would like to see an answer from cryptic on this one
Captain
# 4
05-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Working as intended.

I've posted about it on several occasions, but... nothing.
So basiclly were stuck with a flawed UI and come the 21st so will everyone else
Captain
# 5
05-03-2013, 02:49 PM
It has been stated by the devs numerous times. As the system currently works, the UI scheme is saved on your hard drive. It can not differentiate between characters, so if you switch it, it switches it for all characters.

The only exception to this is "Default" which, since it is saved as "Default", is designed so Starfleet Officers get Federation, KDF Warriors get Klingon, and Romulan Republic Soldiers get Romulan. Changing it from anything other the default (including the aforementioned Federation/Klingon/Romulan) will make it so for all characters.

They have said, based on interest (which is high) they will see about looking into changing the system so that it can be per character, but this is unlikely to happen for the Legacy of Romulus Launch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
It has been stated by the devs numerous times. As the system currently works, the UI scheme is saved on your hard drive. It can not differentiate between characters, so if you switch it, it switches it for all characters.

The only exception to this is "Default" which, since it is saved as "Default", is designed so Starfleet Officers get Federation, KDF Warriors get Klingon, and Romulan Republic Soldiers get Romulan. Changing it from anything other the default (including the aforementioned Federation/Klingon/Romulan) will make it so for all characters.

They have said, based on interest (which is high) they will see about looking into changing the system so that it can be per character, but this is unlikely to happen for the Legacy of Romulus Launch.
well.... sees to me that it should have occured to them BEFORE the system was ever designed.

Its a no brianer. It shouldnt take "high interest" to make them aware of the obvious.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
05-03-2013, 05:08 PM
thanks, I must have missed that somewhere, I'll try setting it to default, hopefully that will keep it faction specific