Former PWE Community Team Lead
In a supplemental episode of Priority One, Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera stops by to answer community submitted questions.

Make sure to also check out Priority One's recent livestream play-through with CaptainGeko here.

Link to the interview.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
05-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Here's a suggestion for Al, If he wants to give Cruisers a special thing that only they get, give them a second warp core slot.
Empire Veteran
# 3
05-03-2013, 08:03 PM
oh another one of these, cool. something to listen to since tribble just want down for a patch as soon as i logged in
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 4
05-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Here's a suggestion for Al, If he wants to give Cruisers a special thing that only they get, give them a second warp core slot.
I don't see why we can't have a multipurpose slot that can be used to fit various types of generators. Want more defense, slot a thoron generator. Want to help slow weapon power drain, slot an anodyne generator. Want more shield resistance, slot a graviton generator, and so on.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Career Officer
# 5
05-03-2013, 08:28 PM
When Al says that they might bring ships like the Nebula and Galaxy up to par with what they've been doing recently, is that a stats thing or a visual update to the models?
Empire Veteran
# 6
05-03-2013, 09:26 PM
klingon fleet ships for launch of LoR would be great, all those raptors and some bops still could be made. a fleet tkonco with an excelsior setup and a c store negvar with the underslung cannons gowron's ship had with a disruptor version of the wing guns the andorian ship had. 5 forward weapons too!

for the vet ships, just a fleet version for us life timers i would like as soon as possible now. if its so much trouble to let only life timers use fleet vet ships, i wouldn't mind everyone having access at this point, but only we should get the transform console, from the tier 5 version. charge people 4 mods for the fleet version, and have it not come with the unique transform console, charge us life timers 1 mod for them. so the ship isnt unique for vets anymore, but the transform mode is.

ugg, theres no canon saying romulan ships have to have a crappy turn rate, only that their warp speed is slightly sub par at certain points! the original romulan bop did not have a warp core, or singularity core. it had only a impulse reactor, witch means a fusion reactor. proboly cant generate as much power as a M/AM reactor, and is not nearly as fuel efficient, running on only deuterium. in balance of terror fuel was a big concern for the romulans.

in the episode tin man a d'deridex couldn't not keep up with a galaxy class easily. thats just a warp nacelle coil tech issue, the feds just had more advanced warp speed tech.

none of this has anything to do with turn rate! the d'deridex, though large, is mostly a hollow shell. depending on how thick the wings are, if they are like a single deck or 3, the ships volume would ether be about the same as a galaxy or negvar, or 5 times higher. regardless, a ship cant be an effective cloak and daggers style ship, which it absolutely was, with less then a turn rate of 9 or 10.

how can such a large ship justify turning well enough? well, you guys just have to raise the lowest a ship can turn, which is 5, to about 8. bump every cruiser and carrier by 1 to 3 turn rate, and the d'deridex can still be the worst turner, but be used like it should be used.

as far as its current station and console setup goes, that should be swapped with the ha'apax. that ships got no established history, yet it has the tac heavy station setup the d'deridex deserves. the ambassador class station setup is nice, for a large fed style support cruisers, thats a better fit to that much thicker and larger ha'apax. the d'deridex should not be limited to 2 tac consoles, just because the galaxy class is.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 05-03-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
05-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Crew:

I'd say make it harder to lose. Doesn't regen without visiting a starbase. Suitable for certain non-combat activities.

For example: I visit my ship interior. I have bank access, exchange access, dabo, crafting, etc. As crew goes down, I lose these things. Maybe the ship NPCs start sporting scars. They're less numerous. Fewer DOff assignments available. Maybe easier dialogues in missions based on crew percentages or numbers.

For example: The math puzzle in Coliseum. If you have a full crew and it's a large crew? You can call up your ship and have a mathematician do the puzzle for you. If there are two people on your ship, you get an EMH tell you, "The mathematician gave his life saving three junior officers in our last hostile encounter. He's dead, <first name>."

This is part of an overall ship interior revamp I'd pitch. Maybe tied in with DOffs. (Ie. your DOffs can't die. Maybe DOffs add to the crew count. Creates oddities with a Bird of Prey or Defiant where you can have more DOffs than crew.) But maybe somehow DOffs could be flagged as crew, at least the 5 you've assigned. So with 5 active space DOffs and 5 active ground, your crew never goes below 10. (A thought here being that maybe most of your DOffs aren't aboard your ship anyway but are in the sector.

Warp Cores:

My idea here would tie in with what I'd do with travel. But basically, I'm into the idea of NPC ship interiors as travel social zones.

So if I want a ship interior travel feel, it becomes kindof an active gryphon ride. I join a "fleet formation" with a selected destination. I get a timer for the destination. I beam aboard the lead ship in the fleet formation which is a social zone and can do various things while traveling.

And then a solution for ships that have ejected their warp core is to get towed by a fleet formation to starbase.

More to come...
Career Officer
# 8
05-03-2013, 10:41 PM
I do like the idea of enemy NPC's using more skills to deal with player abilities. Hopefully it'll be more than just skills designed to deal with cloaking devices though, as I don't seem to remember any opponent ship using skills like EPtS; Engineering Team; or even Polarize Hull.
Career Officer
# 9
05-05-2013, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Crew:

[color="Cyan"]I'd say make it harder to lose. Doesn't regen without visiting a starbase. Suitable for certain non-combat activities.

/snip
Lost of good ideas on this post.
Career Officer
# 10
05-05-2013, 06:06 AM
@Geko re:Kit revamp - I hope to see kits fall by the wayside completely. If we are moving towards a universal feature that can slot powers PLEASE consider implementing this as a function of one's tricorder instead. There is far more basis for one's tricorder having such powers in Star Trek canon than there is for Captains wearing kits.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*