Career Officer
# 101 Voice Overs - Tutorials
05-06-2013, 04:50 PM
I noticed about 30% of the VO's dialogue is missing in the tutorial. I for example: talking to the farmer - 1st page of reading is fine - 2nd page skipped - 3rd resumes.

This is through out the tutorial .

The pop up assistance tags are popping up in front of the dialogue.

All in all LOVE the VO work and the voices picked for the scripting. Bravo.
Republic Veteran
# 102
05-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Just wondering are we no longer able to claim the VA ship token on the Romulan side for the 600 day reward as lifetime subscribers on Tribble. I was hoping to try the Haakona to see if I wanted to go Ha'apax or Mogai for launch but it won't register the 600 day as complete granting me the token.
Captain
# 103
05-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4spock1 View Post
All in all LOVE the VO work and the voices picked for the scripting. Bravo.

thats fairly subjective. I dont think they are very good. And they take away from my gaming experience. And some of them are obviously the same guy trying to change his voice.

Hate listening to Tovan.

Hiven is well - bad. Just bad. Takes away from the game.

The captain of the San Antonio sounds like Dudley Do Right. Its like the Captain from Futurerama beamed in.

Given the choice I would turn off the VO.
Career Officer
# 104
05-06-2013, 06:22 PM
The new "navigation light" flash effect added to many ships is... well, really annoying. It's about 6 times the size that it should be.
Career Officer
# 105
05-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan View Post
thats fairly subjective. I dont think they are very good. And they take away from my gaming experience. And some of them are obviously the same guy trying to change his voice.

Hate listening to Tovan.

Hiven is well - bad. Just bad. Takes away from the game.

The captain of the San Antonio sounds like Dudley Do Right. Its like the Captain from Futurerama beamed in.

Given the choice I would turn off the VO.
You mean you can't?
Next time you log in, ask yourself this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStahl
If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
Career Officer
# 106
05-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan View Post
No. The ones in the flotilla are different plasma. They weapons have "specials" and are slightly different versions

IIRC the ones in the command center on the Epooh petting zoo are either "standard" plasma for dilith or are Starfleet for credits. I guess they could be KDF for some people.

But the offerings at the Flotilla are different than the command center.

Since we cant get into cloak and dagger there isnt a really good ground map to test weapons.

What we need to test is if our BOs can or are using the charged specials from the flotilla weapons
What I meant by generic plasma is that they are the same plasma effects as all the other republic stuff. I have no problems with their plasma weapons per se, but I'd love to have the TNG/DS9 disruptors weapons we have seen in Star Trek. I am not asking for something any more special than what the other factions have. The Feds have standard phasers with canon sound and effects, same with Klingon hand disruptors. The Tal Shiar NPCs already have the series Romulan weapons. If you put disruptors weapons on the ships, then those effects are canon, minus green photon torpedoes.