Career Officer
# 21
05-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Does this happen with the Unimatrix Command Ships in the Red Alerts? That would be something to see!
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
I've occasionally had success getting into a Tac Cube's face, and 'bumping' the High Yeilds back at it, it might not be "The bug".
not sure if "Face Hugging" is legit or not, but if you went point blank with a cube or unimatrix capital ship when it has a high yield torp 3 or a plasma bolt and it detonates against you, you can expect a quick popping of the respective borg ship and can easily bring a full health and full shield borgie to 70% with no shields. To put it simply: "Return [object] to sender."
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Career Officer
# 22
05-04-2013, 04:52 PM
this is a tactic i always use in kse for cubes. get close (0km), have your evasives, bfi, rsp and he ready and blow em with their own torps .

u can do this with tac-cubes too of course, but probably u'll die ... but cube gets hit .

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
05-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Does this happen with the Unimatrix Command Ships in the Red Alerts? That would be something to see!
Im not sure, but today i did a red alert when the unimatrix went from 70% to 4% in a blink, sadly i didn't save the combat log
In every time,
in every place,
the deeds of men
remain the same...
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
05-04-2013, 08:16 PM
From what I've seen, the borg hyt has an AoE cone that can do damage to the cube. Also if the hyt makes contact with any enemy target (Not justthe torps original target) it will blow up.
The romulan hyper plasma torp follows the same path to the cube as shoots to the target. That means that a hyt can hit a romulan plasma torp. if the borg hyt hits a romulan plasma torp just as the borg torp spawns and the romulan torp is about to colide then the AoE from the borg hyt will do damage to the cube that fired it.

It is similar to how you can hurt yourself by being to close to the romulan torp when they colide.
Captain
# 25
05-04-2013, 08:19 PM
I love just sitting directly off its bow and just pumping those torps in... when the command ship fires its torps, they go after the hyper torps i got... usually knocks 10-35 percent of the health down