Lieutenant
# 21
05-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Why do you guys ever post things like this on Facebook?
Career Officer
# 22
05-04-2013, 04:50 PM
They can take as long as they want whenever they want, as long as things get fixed.
@HyperLimited
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 23
05-04-2013, 04:51 PM
UPDATE: We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 8PM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for 4 hours.

Also, there seems to be some speculation that Neverwinter, Champions and STO are on the same "server". While there are shared resources between the various Cryptic games, maintenance on one game does not necessarily mean that all games will undergo maintenance. Similarly, if one game goes down, it does not mean that all games will go down. All Cryptic games and services are affected for this is particular maintenance as we are performing work on network hardware in our data center.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
# 24
05-04-2013, 04:52 PM
The way I see it is this: it's better to get this done now, then to wait for a time that might seem to be more ideal. As this is likely the best time to do it, before anymore big crashes happen.
Zebulon_Giles:

My Characters: (from left to right)

N'Gubist Ripeaz Menniz
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
05-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla75 View Post
totally Unacceptable. Do You Guys Not Want My Money Anymore? Can You Not Do This At 2 Am? What Is Your Deal? 4 Hrs Is Waaaayyy Too Long For A Sat Primetime Hours.

this Post Has Been Edited To Remove Content Which Violates The perfect World Entertainment Community Rules And Policies . ~branflakes
America Is The Only Country In The World And We Want The Patches To Revolve Around Us At All Times.

4am UK time. Works for me.
Career Officer
# 26
05-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
UPDATE: We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 8PM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for 4 hours.

Also, there seems to be some speculation that Neverwinter, Champions and STO are on the same "server". While there are shared resources between the various Cryptic games, maintenance on one game does not necessarily mean that all games will undergo maintenance. Similarly, if one game goes down, it does not mean that all games will go down. All Cryptic games and services are affected for this is particular maintenance as we are performing work on network hardware in our data center.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Pretty vague brandon. But they are all on one server (correct?), so if you have high demand on a certain game "depending on load" it will effect the others. Its been seen with champs ect when sto went live. No affence I hate when you guys chat about things, you guys try to avoid saying to much when we want answers when we see this many drops in service in the last few days. Not to mention one day it was down almost 6+ hrs.

Whats being done in terms of making sure there is no lag or isses soley for STO? I went on today and still experiencing lag, and it all started when Neverwinter went open beta...

And dont forget we hae a huge expansion soley for STO coming up in the next few weeks.. id expect huge numbers to be online...
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx

Last edited by xlocutusofborgx; 05-04-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Career Officer
# 27
05-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Of course it was NW borking the servers..

They would never blame their new golden child. Or tell the truth about it.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Ensign
# 28
05-04-2013, 05:10 PM
/votes to push it to 2am PDT. This makes more sense.
Commander
# 29
05-04-2013, 05:11 PM
I love the sound that the server makes before it goes down...

*makes a wheezing whoosh sound*

It's a brilliant noise.
Check out my Odyssey Uniform, based on the Vulcan woman who was on the STO page during Season 6: New Romulus! (*Skirts and pants uniforms are listed*)
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
05-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aukterus1 View Post
/votes to push it to 2am PDT. This makes more sense.
When no one is in the office at Cryptic. Yep. Makes a lot of sense.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Closed Thread