Commander
If you haven't played it's the big broadside bruiser cruiser kind of reminds you of the 'spooky' gunships from Vietnam the way it shoots. My idea was to not necessarily make Washington part of STO but that awesome broadside I just can't forget. Is the broadside from the Washington class copyright as well? can it be successfully incorporated into STO without legal difficulties?

I know beam breadsides are cool, but what about big blue ass phaser cannon broadsides?!?!?!

C'mon STO!!

An awesome idea is to offer up the Soyuz class with a large phaser cannon pod on top? Soyuz class the pod is interchangeable? Offer it up as the Tier 5 Miranda-ish class!! with awesome blue phaser cannon broadside!!

CORRECTION: I think a am referring to the Proxima class? sry long time since I played it..
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!

Last edited by lykum; 05-05-2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: idea
Republic Veteran
# 2
05-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Don't you mean Yorktown class?

Commander
# 3
05-05-2013, 08:24 PM
gosh I can't tell everyones running mods on the youtube videos, but you could be right? I think i'm right.. almost positive..
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

Captain
# 4
05-05-2013, 09:41 PM
the ship is too old to be in sto, sorry. but i would love to see the Century in their though
Commander
# 5
05-05-2013, 09:51 PM
ship class wasn't important, it's the blue phaser cannon broadside. we have several low tier zen ships including original constituition class which is from the same era.

Captain
# 6
05-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Don't you mean Yorktown class?
Was that Washington state or Washington the district?
Commander
# 7
05-05-2013, 11:05 PM
one good thing to come out of legacy come to think of it. the only memorable thing besides the excitement in shatners voice at the chance of doing a video game that wasn't all 1980's lol he used to sound so serious then.

Career Officer
# 8
05-06-2013, 05:02 AM
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=800861

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASK CRYPTIC Jan 2013
Q: (flash525) What is the Cryptic's policy where other designs from other games are concerned? The DS9: Dominion Wars game has the Federation Achilles, Klingon K'vorcha and a couple of Cardassian designs, the ST: Armada game has the Romulan Griffin and Shrike, along with a bunch of other Cardassian and Klingon designs. I'm sure there are other Trek games out there with further designs. Are we ever likely to see any of these within STO?

Dstahl: Good question. Our license with CBS is restricted to the TV Shows, the movies (up to Nemesis), the Animated Series, and some of the book fiction. Unfortunately, this license doesn't extend to other video games. However, if those ships or factions appeared in any of the previously mentioned properties, then it is fair game.
So the answer to your ship from Legacy is no.

Personally, there are a lot of ships from other companies I'd love to have in this game but if it were this easy they'd probably have done it by now.

As for the Soyuz:
that thing was not armed with some sort of "cannons" even though for example the guy who runs DITL.org claims it was.
Those were "sensor turrets" according to the person who invented the variant: Michael Okuda.
Also the entire ship class was scrapped in the late 23rd century (must have s***ed big time).