Empire Veteran
# 1 Total War: Rome 2
08-09-2013, 12:19 AM
So, who is itching for this game to come? I want to play it so badly I can almost taste it.

My Shogun 2 addiction isn't cutting it now. I need MORE!

Career Officer
# 2
08-11-2013, 12:58 AM
I just came across a few videos of this game on YouTube yesterday. It looks pretty epic, with a good immersion factor. It's the sort of game I would play if I had more time on my hands. I like games you can lose yourself in.

When you get it, it would be great if you could write a short review here. I would be very interested to read what you thought of it.
Captain
# 3
08-11-2013, 05:16 AM
I enjoyed the original as well as the other games in the TW franchise, looking forward to this one too (good thing it comes out just before my birthday )

Harden up Princess
Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
www.ausmonauts.com
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-11-2013, 05:54 AM
Been with the series since Rome Total War 1, collected all the titles apart from Medieval and Shogun 1.

I've chosen to pre-order Rome 2 (from Amazon for ?29.99 with the DLC) as it's CA's birthday celebration year, 25th I think? In the past I've always waited a bit, but I thought: WOW, this game, I think they deserve it.

After all, Rome 1 got me into the series, it's the best I could do. :')

I am worried about the unit cards, as currently they do not display the number of troops left in a unit, instead we have a green and blue bar both for ammunition and troops remaining - I think. I love the art style however.

Navel combat is something which I am greatly looking forward to, in all the previous titles it's involved cannons. The combined battles look epic as well.

Not long to go, ahhhh!!!
Captain
# 5
08-11-2013, 07:20 AM
Definitely looking forward to it!
Have been since news came out.

Still haven't decided on whether to preorder or to wait until there's a steam sale for around 35,- euros, as 55 euro's is a lot of money for me to spend on a video game (translates to almost 75 USD, for those in the States). Can't shake the impression we Dutchies are getting the shaft where game prices are concerned (potentially mainland Europeans in general, now that I compare some prices)

I will buy it, though, that's for certain, and when I do it's likely to draw me away from every other game I currently play ^^

Last edited by twam; 08-11-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-15-2013, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enterprise629 View Post
I am worried about the unit cards, as currently they do not display the number of troops left in a unit, instead we have a green and blue bar both for ammunition and troops remaining - I think.
I agree. I think that's pretty important. I mean, bars for like morale or ammo are ok, but numbers of troops are much harder to gauge without an 'at a glance' kind of thing.

Anyways, when this thing comes out, I will probably disappear from STO entirely for like a week I bet. Just a couple more weeks!

Empire Veteran
# 7
08-30-2013, 12:19 AM
Well, it's out in just a couple o' days now.

Captain
# 8
08-30-2013, 07:17 AM
I've played, owned practically all Total War games and expansions. The only one I didn't get was Alexander for RTW. They had a weird distribution and advertisement for that expansion.

Anyways, I have very fond memories of RTW. The Classical era was very popular for a TW game. The time period that RTW started was a very interesting one. Rome was a new power in Italy that was soon to clash with another growing power, Carthage. The Hellenic world, strong as it was, was fragmented after Alexander the Great's death. The different barbaric tribes still dominated Europe and elsewhere. Remember, the Gauls did conquer Rome and forced them to pay a huge tribute to leave them alone ("Vae Victis," or Woe to the Vanquished). Something the Romans will never forget...

Anyways, about the time of the Punic Wars was a key teetering point in Western History.

Also, RTW had huge support from modders. By far, even to this day, the most widely modded title of all Total War games.

Oh, and some of the occasionally funny, RTW prebattle general speeches.

"Let us pray to the gods for victory and arm ourselves to the teeth in case the gods aren't listening."
And my favorite...
"Some ask, 'Why are we here?' The answer is often complicated. But today, we are here to kill all those bastards."

Last edited by warmaker001b; 08-30-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Captain
# 9
08-30-2013, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
Also, RTW had huge support from modders. By far, even to this day, the most widely modded title of all Total War games.
Medieval 2 had some pretty major TCs done for it. I think if you're looking at raw numbers of mods published Shogun 2 ends up coming out on top though.
Lieutenant
# 10
08-30-2013, 08:34 AM
Ordered mine from steam last night, its preinstalled all ready to go