Lt. Commander
# 1 Scroll wheel speed
04-17-2014, 05:24 AM
I recently bought a new mouse (Logitech G600) and I noticed that the scroll wheel speed is really slow, I have to scroll the wheel so many times to go through a list in STO.

Is there any way to increase the scrolling speed when going through a list? An example would be the item list, mission list, doff assignment list, etc.

The G600 software does not offer customizable scroll wheel speed adjustment which is weird because Logitech SetPoint does but that doesn't work with the G600.

Also the Mouse Settings in Windows control panel has the adjustment but only works in Windows. The setting does not propagate in STO for some reason.

Running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
Vice Admiral Valdore - R.R.W. Selenium - Mirror Ha'apax Advanced Warbird
Vice Admiral Yuna - U.S.S. Galaxy - Dreadnought Cruiser
Lieutenant General Kobol - I.K.S. Krothona - Nov Dyson Science Destroyer
Vice Admiral Selendis - I.S.S. Hyperion - Mirror Science Vessel Retrofit
Captain
# 2
04-17-2014, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon59650 View Post
I recently bought a new mouse (Logitech G600) and I noticed that the scroll wheel speed is really slow, I have to scroll the wheel so many times to go through a list in STO.

Is there any way to increase the scrolling speed when going through a list? An example would be the item list, mission list, doff assignment list, etc.

The G600 software does not offer customizable scroll wheel speed adjustment which is weird because Logitech SetPoint does but that doesn't work with the G600.

Also the Mouse Settings in Windows control panel has the adjustment but only works in Windows. The setting does not propagate in STO for some reason.

Running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
Windows control panel, mouse, should have a setting for your wheel. You should be able to get it to 1 click = 1 action. It may be labeled something obtuse like "number of lines to scroll" as the wheel's intended default use is to scroll text in editors/browsers. Change it to a 1 in that case. I am 100% sure this worked for me but totally different hardware.

If this stuff is not working it could be due to have too exotic a piece of hardware. I personally use more or less regular mice and *never* allow keyboards or mice to install junkware "support" programs as these *often* conflict with games or windows or both. I am not sure how to tell you to fix it if this is the case; trial and error or search online for the specific model?

Last edited by noroblad; 04-17-2014 at 05:46 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-17-2014, 05:48 AM
Does not work. Windows Control Panel Mouse settings do not propagate into STO.
Captain
# 4
04-17-2014, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon59650 View Post
Does not work. Windows Control Panel Mouse settings do not propagate into STO.
You said that but they did for me, and many others (I have pointed this setting out to a number of people and it worked for them). I have to take a guess here that your extra mouse software is conflicting or over-writing the window's setting.

Normally, the window's settings DO affect the behavior in STO.

I am looking online, see if find anything on that model etc...
Captain
# 5
04-17-2014, 06:26 AM
I see others with the same issue but no solution...
Lieutenant
# 6
04-17-2014, 04:08 PM
I have had one of these mice for a while now. I have the white model. have you installed the "Logitech Gaming Software" that goes with the mouse?
also I had to do an rma with Logitech about 6 months after getting my g600 because I got an recalled model which did not support firmware upgrades. once you have the Logitech software installed,, you can tell if you have one of the recalled models, if the software says the mouse does not support firmware upgrades. alternatively, you can try d/ling and installing the firmware from the Logitech site, and if you are unfortune enough to have one of the recalled models, it will bring up a message saying to contact Logitech support to get the mouse replaced.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/suppor...osid=14&bit=64

Last edited by coitusinteruptus; 04-17-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-17-2014, 07:45 PM
I have the white version and I have the Logitech Gaming Software installed. My mouse has upgradeable firmware and already shipped with the latest firmware installed.

I did some searching and I may have found a workaround using AHK, I guess I can try it out.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-17-2014, 09:35 PM
I found a workaround: http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topi...olling-script/

So far it is working. Nothing conflicting yet.