Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
Friends,

I was chatting with some fleet mates last night about PvP team builds and an issue came up that seemed worthy of a post. When PvP was comprised of F v K it was possible--and indeed sometimes desirable--for a KDF team to field an all cloaking team. A person could even field 5 battle cloaks, which certainly makes for an interesting experience. Needless to say, "first blood" was easy to achieve for the KDF team, assuming it had effective coordination, etc.

But since Fed always only had a limited number of cloaks (Defiant, Galaxy-X), none of which were battle cloaks, one could always count on permanently "visible" targets during the match.

In the current situation, however, nightmare scenarios such as the following are at least possible:

Team A, comprised of a hybrid KDF/Rom team sits on top of Cracked Planetoid, waiting for their opponents to arrive. Team B arrive on the top of Cracked Planetoid, waiting for their opponents to arrive. After sitting on top of the planetoid for 2-3 minutes, and trading insults through zone chat with the other team, Team A decides to decloak, just to get the match started. Team B sees their opening and makes the first kill.

Question: Will LoL reduce us to playing chicken with cloaks (i.e., who will flinch first)? Perhaps this problem won't hit us at first, but I can imagine conversations like this happening at tournament rules meetings.

Any thoughts?

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Rihannsu
# 2
05-03-2013, 05:31 AM
dunno sargon, as for two teams with pre-match agreements you answered your own question.

As for the buff that TDG should have gotten when the nebula was introduced.....just look at Gal-R and D'D.....all WAD

as for teams in the public queues when loR goes live ....seriously who cares, cryptic doesn't and those that still queue up will continue to do so, the fun factor has taken so many beatings or boosts (depending on your perspective) that this one will hardly matter
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 3
05-03-2013, 05:33 AM
The more people cloak, the more people with anti.cloak stuff will play. You can easily MES yourself in NEBULA, while checking for cloaked ships. Then just FAW/Spread them and force to decloak.

I generally welcome it, because outside few CaH FvK matches, dedicated cloak hunter was not that much useful and you were gimping yourself.
Career Officer
# 4
05-03-2013, 05:48 AM
regarding cloaking. I still do not see any improvements on my stats when using the reman or romulan deflector....

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=593641

Are they even working?

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
@rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
@rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
Lieutenant
# 5
05-03-2013, 05:55 AM
Welcome back CPB
Make It STO Podcast Click Here
Captain
# 6
05-03-2013, 05:58 AM
CPB ? limited range for random spam to pray and decloak someone. That skill will be golden for noob romulans trying to battlecloak in front of you, but it won't help you in matches when both sides start cloaked.
Empire Veteran
# 7
05-03-2013, 06:12 AM
The old Bait Tank will be returning.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P
Career Officer
# 8
05-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Time to buff that nebula console.
Captain
# 9