Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
05-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Hate to be a spoil sport, but won't all of this change in less than a month when LoR comes out? If people take these builds for face value after the metagame significantly changes we could end up doing more harm than good.
this is why theres been a bit of a blackout for new content in my thread. at the moment, it looks like the only real change will be all the EPt skills will be as good as EPtS is now. i'll be doing some editing after LOR just the same.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 12
05-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Hate to be a spoil sport, but won't all of this change in less than a month when LoR comes out? If people take these builds for face value after the metagame significantly changes we could end up doing more harm than good.
Heh, I was going to tease drunk about how long it will take to verify each of those builds once LoR comes out. That's going to be an undertaking.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Empire Veteran
# 13
05-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Heh, I was going to tease drunk about how long it will take to verify each of those builds once LoR comes out. That's going to be an undertaking.
with 10 second gaps that it looked like we were getting for a wile, most of those cruiser posts i would have probably just deleted. nothing to see here, just try to forget cruisers exist, none of these tac cruisers are remotely viable now. so far its mostly just going to be a few eng stations tweaked on everything. it will be interesting to see what i can get excelsior or ambassadors to do with the EPtW change, and how much more dangerous i can make a kdf cruiser with such better turn rates and EPtE.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 14
05-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Between the changes to gear, captain abilities, traits, the introduction of new gear, traits, another set of Rep passives, the overall potential addition of so many Fed cloakers via F-Roms...etc, etc, etc... I'm thinking there's going to be a bunch of changes to builds.

I've tried in a few areas to get folks to start speculating on things - to see if others are seeing as many changes coming about as I am (or if it's just a case that I'm seeing a bunch of changes that won't matter in the end).
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Empire Veteran
# 15
05-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Don't really do builds a whole lot, but I make a damn good cocktail...?
You can post those recipes here. :-P
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Rihannsu
# 16
05-06-2013, 12:27 AM
Quote:
.... we could end up doing more harm than good.
when has that ever prevented you from anything?
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Empire Veteran
# 17
05-06-2013, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Actually this is good Drkfrontiers that you've made this post. Because I can tell you that my next guide...or rather trio of guides will be a...'so you want to play a Fed/KDF/Rom toon?'...for those just starting out. There would be some general backround info, along with talking about what advantages they have compared to the other two, and some info about ships they can use, etc etc.

On a similar note, I was thinking of making a smaller guide about all the different lockbox ships. This guide would be more PvP-focused of course, due to how many are generally found. It wouldn't be a super-detailed guide about every ship, but more a...'buyers guide' on them. To show what each ship is generally used for in a certain role, and if it's a ship you should look at getting or not.

The Lockbox ship guide is on the fence atm, but the faction guides will for sure be coming out in a month or two.
This is great and I would love to include all of this if you are ok with it.
Empire Veteran
# 18
05-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Thanks for all the contributions and the concerns.

While I agree that there are significant changes in the pipeline, I also am hoping to create a one-stop-shop for PvP enthusiasts.

This is a pursuit of passion for me.

Its not about outdoing great works that are already in place like STO Academy, STO Wiki, Hilbert Guide and many others.

Its really just about creating a footprint that is unique for Boot Campers and PvPers alike.

Its about creating community, sharing of ideas, competition, and over time the introduction of player driven Leaderboards and territory control competitions.

It is my hope that in the coming months I will be able to feature all the great builds on the forum in one dedicated location.

PS. Did I mention that I'm doing it too because I am an artist that's having a blast

Thanks for your support!
@drkfrontiers
Captain
# 19
05-06-2013, 01:09 AM
I for one cannot wait for the influx of new builds and possibilities. With improved turn and EP powers. Also I look forward to see how the new powers, especially EpTW/EptW s will turn out in PvP.
Rihannsu
# 20
05-06-2013, 01:16 AM
HI drk,

just out of curiousity. Would you be interested in a gear guide?

I m wondering if the release of LoR wouldn't be a good point in time to start a gear guide. There are so many doff variations that are undocumented in-game. The difference between set gear and standard (Dil-) gear and so on. BO powers (trainable or from Exchange) etc. Fleet gear....

Maybe starting with these build aspects with an eye to the new player might give everybody time to come up with rommie builds.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013