Captain
# 1 Something about VOY bugs me
05-10-2013, 09:22 AM
(hides list and jumps to last point)

(spoilers possibly for those who havent seen Voyager)

Endgame:
future janeway steals a shuttle, steals kdf time travel tech, then goes into the past to change history, cut the journey of Voyager and save x amount of lives/years.

Now here is the thing that bugs me..

What about the temporal prime directive (or whatever directive covers it) that clearly states 'no time travelling even if it benefits you'

Shouldnt there be an aeon timeship pop out behind admiral janeways shuttle and vaporize her at the start of this episode? XD
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 2
05-10-2013, 09:30 AM
I would assume the Temporal Cops started popping up at around the end of the TNG era. That's the point where time travel seems to be becoming a thing. Janeway's changing of the future was probably around the last straw - or maybe a Klingon inventing a simpler time travel device was the last straw before someone decided things need to be monitored from this point onward.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 3
05-10-2013, 09:30 AM
And in those extra years, how much more could Janeway have messed up the timestream? I think at some point, the future just gave up on policing Janeway.

That, or the version of the events that took place because of Endgame were the proper version, and Future-Starfleet just let Janeway do her thing to protect it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
05-10-2013, 09:33 AM
It's a running joke amongst my friends that Janeway is the "Arch Time Criminal"

Probably due to all the messing with time she did, all those Time Cops from the future ended up never existing.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 5
05-10-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
It's a running joke amongst my friends that Janeway is the "Arch Time Criminal"

Probably due to all the messing with time she did, all those Time Cops from the future ended up never existing.
Pretty much this. Nobody wants to take her one and end up as the next Captain Braxton (in that erased timeline).
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 6
05-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
(hides list and jumps to last point)

(spoilers possibly for those who havent seen Voyager)

Endgame:
future janeway steals a shuttle, steals kdf time travel tech, then goes into the past to change history, cut the journey of Voyager and save x amount of lives/years.

Now here is the thing that bugs me..

What about the temporal prime directive (or whatever directive covers it) that clearly states 'no time travelling even if it benefits you'

Shouldnt there be an aeon timeship pop out behind admiral janeways shuttle and vaporize her at the start of this episode? XD
The thing about time agents is that they can go back to any time they want, what you would consider a 1 way trip is actually not possible for these people, they could prevent the 1 way trip if it suited them because they can. The linear nature of time has no meaning for them, but they vigilantly do what they can to stop other rival factions from altering history and if necessary to correct previous anomalies from happening.

Had the temporal time commission did their job however, the events of the future Janeway should never of happened in which case it would of taken another decade + to reach home, the Borg would or remained a powerful destructive force.

the plothole however couldnt be covered up because the silly people who did the last episodes clearly didnt think of the ending too much so decided that it would be better off to cut the thing in half and decided to over look the timeship and its mission.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Captain
# 7
05-10-2013, 10:27 AM
The simple solution is that Admiral Janeway had the very rare Plot Device Console [Sleath x4] on her ship, which made her completely undetectable by the temporal authorities
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
05-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Why do you think poor old Sam Beckett quantum leaped into Captain archer and couldn't leave??

the timeline was screwed by then
Captain
# 9
05-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Time cops didn't go around undoing every little thing; it took a disaster that destroyed Earth to send Braxton scurrying back to fix stuff in their first encounter. Voyager getting home early presumably just didn't cause any changes that they felt mattered all that much.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Captain
# 10
05-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Or the timeline was messed up and they allowed it to go back to its original form.