Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
I was curious to know how many of you have your Rommie rep tree maxed out on your kdf main's. I've nearly gotten to tier 3-currently at 24,000 rep. I have calculated how long it will take me to get the 100,000 romulan rep, and I will, assuming I earn 2800 exp every 20 hrs, get to 68,800K by the 21rst and 100K by the 31rst, give or take a few days. So I probably won't start playing LOR until the 31rst because I want to unlock the Reman playable faction by achieving tier 5. What are your thoughts on the Remans? Will you purchase the playable Reman faction from the c-store or unlock it through the rep tree?
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Captain
# 2
05-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Even grinding 8k Dilithium per day that's about 60 Zen per day at current rates. Assuming the Playable Species is similar to the others in the C-Store you'll need about 600 Zen to buy it. I'd rather grind Dilithium for 10 days then grind through the Rom Rep system.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Commander
# 3
05-05-2013, 02:54 PM
My main is a KDF and he got his up to T5 on both Omega and Rom Rep whilst a lot of other players got their Feds up... so I stole the Fed tech whilst they stole ours

Even now, only a few people in my fleet have T5 Rep on their KDF - and thats just with one, nevermind both
__________________________________________________ _____________________________
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Captain
# 4
05-05-2013, 03:31 PM
All 3 of mine. The fact that the mission you get for T5 pays out 30k dil makes it cost-effective for that bonus alone.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
05-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
I was curious to know how many of you have your Rommie rep tree maxed out on your kdf main's. I've nearly gotten to tier 3-currently at 24,000 rep. I have calculated how long it will take me to get the 100,000 romulan rep, and I will, assuming I earn 2800 exp every 20 hrs, get to 68,800K by the 21rst and 100K by the 31rst, give or take a few days. So I probably won't start playing LOR until the 31rst because I want to unlock the Reman playable faction by achieving tier 5. What are your thoughts on the Remans? Will you purchase the playable Reman faction from the c-store or unlock it through the rep tree?
The first time I completed the Rom. rep. was on my KDF main. Not a suprise, being my main char. anyway.

Remans? I don't like Romulans. But I like Remans. Remans will be fun. I'm going to have a Reman forging an alliance with the KDF. Guess the Romulan rep. already has it unlocked, but to answer your question, just in case the reputation unlock does not include the ship skins (which I believe it does) I'd buy those for my Reman asap. I guess you can wait it out untill you unlock your T5 Romulan rep. since it seems it will be soon enough, hell you might even be lucky for missing the lagfest that I expect for the first couple of days. But, you're close, like 10 days. If I had to wait more to get to T5 (like 3 weeks, month or so) I would buy the Remans from the C-Store.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 6
05-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Even grinding 8k Dilithium per day that's about 60 Zen per day at current rates. Assuming the Playable Species is similar to the others in the C-Store you'll need about 600 Zen to buy it. I'd rather grind Dilithium for 10 days then grind through the Rom Rep system.
10 Days is a lot less than the 26 days it would take to achieve tier 5. I may just go that route; thanks for the tip. Let's hope it only costs 600 c-points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
The first time I completed the Rom. rep. was on my KDF main. Not a suprise, being my main char. anyway.

Remans? I don't like Romulans. But I like Remans. Remans will be fun. I'm going to have a Reman forging an alliance with the KDF. Guess the Romulan rep. already has it unlocked, but to answer your question, just in case the reputation unlock does not include the ship skins (which I believe it does) I'd buy those for my Reman asap. I guess you can wait it out untill you unlock your T5 Romulan rep. since it seems it will be soon enough, hell you might even be lucky for missing the lagfest that I expect for the first couple of days. But, you're close, like 10 days. If I had to wait more to get to T5 (like 3 weeks, month or so) I would buy the Remans from the C-Store.
Good point on the lagfest on day 1. It may be better to wait a few days anyways even if I do go the route of grinding dilithium. Also, could you clarify something for me? Do you mean to say that the Reman ship skins won't unlock after purchasing the Reman playable faction from the c-store but that it will unlock upon completing tier 5 rommie reputation? Or either one unlocks those ship skins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooiue View Post
My main is a KDF and he got his up to T5 on both Omega and Rom Rep whilst a lot of other players got their Feds up... so I stole the Fed tech whilst they stole ours

Even now, only a few people in my fleet have T5 Rep on their KDF - and thats just with one, nevermind both
No surprise on only a few people having tier 5 completed. For me, it was painful just getting the Rom rep to tier 2.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!

Last edited by knuhteb5; 05-05-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Lieutenant
# 7
05-05-2013, 04:21 PM
I have both of the rep systems completed. If you don't plan on using the majority of the rep gear its still a good idea to grind them just for the passive abilities alone.

When the new tholian rep comes available I plan on grinding it for the passives also. I have my eye on some of the equipment, but I'd advise against buying any of it immediately. The PvP board is notorious for getting things nerfed whether they mean to or not, so before you buy anything wait for those nerf threads to pop up, and see if the devs will do anything before you buy any rep item.
Never Forget 5/21
Captain
# 8
05-05-2013, 04:59 PM
I just started on my KDF. I'm almost done on the Fed, since I usually do my Fed first. You get the bonus like added attack or defense. So even those is worth it some, as that little can help.

They are not that bad to do. Since I don't do STFs or PVP. That is about the other thing I can do, other than foundry. I plan on doing the new Tholian one as well if I see the rewards are worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-05-2013, 05:20 PM
All 5 of my characters, fed and klink, have their Romulan rep done.

I spent a LOT of time at the winter event grinding marks. . .
Empire Veteran
# 10
05-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Almost done with T5 on my main toon. A lot of epohhs went to the slaughter to get me this far.

The real difficulty is going to be the Omega rep system.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 05-05-2013 at 06:07 PM.