Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 11
05-08-2013, 03:55 PM
I had posted an idea a while back just as the thread was closed, but I'll mention it again.

As for a forced aggro ability, I have seen a system that worked in the past in WAR. Instead of forcing someone to target you, which would be lame, instead have your "taunt" gradually make you do more and more damage (I.E. start overcoming shield resist) the longer you target them. Then the?person being targeted, in order to clear the defuff has to hit you (I think it was 5 times?) times to clear it.

I realize there would have to be some tweaking in order for something like that to work here, but it was a very clever way for taunt to work in pvp.

Of course, engies would then need a taunt
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
06-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Sounds like a nifty Sci ability.

edit: I'm not kidding, btw.
Star Trek has a blurry line between science and engineering.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
06-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
Well then tacs should get some extra defensive captain ability.

Just saying. The lines are so blurred with boff abilities and ships anyways.

Also buff my Sci. It needs some more wizardry.

I'm just kidding of course. I wish I had a reason to play my engie. His name is Dr. Rick Marshall. And when I play him I feel like I'm in a land of the lost.
The problem with eng cap abilities is two of them are irrelevant in pvp unless the tank is being focused. The eng capt abilities are great if there was motivation to attack the cruiser.

Let miracle and nadion be target self or ally. Also the grace under fire trait applies to what ever ship got the miracle worker applied to it.
Career Officer
# 14
06-25-2013, 09:41 AM
might be op if allowed to be used on others but how about mr. scott's magic (terrible at naming) pushes energy cap up by +20 for all systems for 30 seconds with a 1 minute cd on it
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
06-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggermoon View Post
might be op if allowed to be used on others but how about mr. scott's magic (terrible at naming) pushes energy cap up by +20 for all systems for 30 seconds with a 1 minute cd on it
I say this with great regret for engineers, but buff heals incredibly but reduce them by distance , like energy attacks. Especially energy based heals ( HE & AUX2SIF).

No no i didn't mean that.
Career Officer
# 16
06-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
06-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Its not that old. Last active in may. Some of us can't be on that regularly. No need to be mean.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
06-25-2013, 10:16 AM
making ept or miracle worker aoe effect would be kool. like to affect all team mates within 5km.

Good Luck And Have Fun Out There...
@LIVIN

~The Eleventh Order~
11thOrder Youtube
Empire Veteran
# 19
06-25-2013, 10:23 AM
engineers could be made very useful if their effect cap was not 125, but 140, with it raise able to 150 in 1 subsystem by a warp core. the eng captains wouldn't have more base power, but they could put more power in a subsystem then any other captain, and it would have an effect. they could have the highest weapons power, very helpful for sustained damage weapons, or the most shield power to tank best with, or have the most possible engine power to actually move the fastest, or the highest aux levels that would provide the best aux healing and make some other sci skills a bit more powerful with that even higher aux level.

eng captains are so behind the curve that such a buff to them would make them as good as scis and tacs, and give them synergy with every type of ship, just like scis and tacs. they could deal more energy weapons damage then before, and unquestionably have the best support capability with their highest aux levles. on a sci ship, aux dependent sci skills could be strongest with an eng, but the eng is missing nuk, scan and sci fleet in exchange for mostly useless captain skills.

nadian would be a bit better if it was keeping energy levels fireing at 140 the whole time its up, that could actually boost dps a real amount. EPS transfer would actually go a long way toward filling up the now very large potential energy reserve an eng has, its pretty redundant considering how topped out most subsystems are now normally.

the effects from the higher energy levels will be sort of small, the weapons energy level wont equal any of the tac buffs, and it wont have the devastating CC built in like a sci. the self heals are the final equalizer. the eng captain would finally be truly an engineer, the best at repair and an energy level wizard
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 20
06-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Have miracle worker clear sub nuke beam