Captain
You know, I like Q - he's basically a good way to introduce philosophical questions in TNG, and a good comic relief in Voyager. Yet, all we have is 1 measly mission and 1 winter event with him.

Here's what I think: considering that Q seems to have a special affinity with Borg (both TNG and this game), perhaps he can be used to spice the STF.

How? Basically, by purposely factoring in common strategies from players, or make it even more randomize.

For example, in ISE, the general rule of thumb to get the optional is to get the generator to 10% before blowing them up. Q way would be to spawn nanite sphere as soon as one of them got attacked (may be even if teh cube got attack). Like wise with KASE with the 5k rule on Donatra - put some kind of algorithm so that 5k rule does not apply, or just make it cloak randomly completely (even more random then current).
Captain
# 2
06-04-2013, 07:05 PM
How does making Q troll on STFs introduce philosophical issues?

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Career Officer
# 3
06-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
How does making Q troll on STFs introduce philosophical issues?
Lol this post is full of win.
Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
06-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestersage View Post
You know, I like Q - he's basically a good way to introduce philosophical questions in TNG, and a good comic relief in Voyager. Yet, all we have is 1 measly mission and 1 winter event with him.

-snip-

For example, in ISE, the general rule of thumb to get the optional is to get the generator to 10% before blowing them up. Q way would be to spawn nanite sphere as soon as one of them got attacked (may be even if teh cube got attack). Like wise with KASE with the 5k rule on Donatra - put some kind of algorithm so that 5k rule does not apply, or just make it cloak randomly completely (even more random then current).

Firstly, I'm all for getting more Q in the game. He's one of my favourite Star Trek characters, lore-wise it's fine if he's in because he's omnipotent so it works. More Q, yes please!

As for your suggestion, well, not so much. The 5km cloaking field for Donatra (or I.K.S. Whatever) has already been removed and she cloaks randomly. Makes the job a little slower but no harder, kinda pointless.

I don't really like the nanite idea either, I don't think that's very 'Q'
Captain
# 5
06-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Erm NO just NO
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Captain
# 6
06-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Agreed, it just doesn't have that sometimes cruel, but always whimsical feel of 'Q' about it...

It wouldn't be for a couple years, but he'd be a great way to get characters into the Delta Quadrant - have a FE series start out with the players' captain doing something to offend Q and he throws them across the galaxy in a fit of pigue. The FE series could be about trying to find, capture and reprogram a Borg Transwarp Conduit to link back to the Alpha/Beta Quadrants and when the series is finsihed, you're rewarded with access to the Delta Quadrant via the new Conduit.
Captain
# 7
06-04-2013, 07:27 PM
How about if you are AFK in an STF Q snaps his fingers and telports you to fight a borg cube solo on elite? If you die, log out or warp out you get 24 hour STF ban and 10 criticical damage on your ship.
Captain
# 8
06-04-2013, 08:31 PM
I ask this ... "What does Q need with a Borgship"