Republic Veteran
# 51
05-17-2013, 11:18 AM
I see a lot of negativity on what is a good OP. I dont see what you were expecting when you read this post. Tribble isnt hard to join, and neither was the beta weekend that just passed. Gold members get an advantage to log in queues? Heaven forbid! Anyone would think they were actually paying for a service rather than just freeloading. Yet more F2P negativity about equality, thats original.
Ensign
# 52
05-18-2013, 12:15 PM
So my downloading of the 5.8 gb large patch have failed 3 fcking times in a row now!
Each time, steam makes some fcking hickup, and the client crashes! Just vanish!

This bittorrent download crap is infuriating! I have extremly ****ty connection using the download client! Always have had.. Are there a manual patch that i can download somewhwere ?
Career Officer
# 53
05-18-2013, 03:01 PM
My signature probably reflects how it will be at launch day.
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc496/BrianMattson124/37764741_zpsea0e5985.jpg
Ensign
# 54
05-18-2013, 03:08 PM
So I've hit the 33% mark 5 times now and every time I attempt to continue the download it starts from scratch........

And Yesterday it took 9 hours to get to the 4GB point of the 10GB download, and now I'm starting from the beginning again...... tell me why I should bother to even try this again? Is this CRYPTIC telling me that I shouldn't even bother playing their game? I can't even play Neverwinter while it's downloading because it uses the same launcher as STO does. I guess I can be patient and download the files in June or July.
Career Officer
# 55
05-19-2013, 11:42 AM
Well, if this weekend's server performance is a preview of things to come...

Cryptic, as Illidan Stormrage would say, "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED."
@HyperLimited
Career Officer
# 56
05-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
Well, if this weekend's server performance is a preview of things to come...

Cryptic, as Illidan Stormrage would say, "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED."
I was thinking more like this, 0.53 seconds in.
| Sarah Walker - U.S.S. Solstice | Eden Taryd - I.K.S. Varchas | Ariennye Kyla - R.R.W. T'virixia |
| Jan Idaris - U.S.S. Atlas | Sorval - I.K.S. Reclaw | T'Mara Praex - R.R.W. Ventarix |
| Keval th'Zareth - U.S.S. Avenger | Do'Zahn - I.K.S. K't'rika | Ayel D'amarok - R.R.W. N'ventar |
Republic Veteran
# 57
05-19-2013, 09:19 PM
I am fully up to date. All that is needed is for Tuesday to arrive.

For those who are having trouble, I don't know what to say. But, worst case, you will patch when LoR launches. Hopefully the ~7,000 who have read this thread will have patched ahead of time and thus reduces the time you spend patching on the 21st.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Empire Veteran
# 58
05-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldannach View Post
I see a lot of negativity on what is a good OP. I dont see what you were expecting when you read this post. Tribble isnt hard to join, and neither was the beta weekend that just passed.
Yup. sometimes I think Trekkies are the most pessimistic, negative, hard to please folks which is ironic considering what Trek is all about

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldannach View Post
Gold members get an advantage to log in queues? Heaven forbid! Anyone would think they were actually paying for a service rather than just freeloading. Yet more F2P negativity about equality, thats original.
Indeed. Gold members pay hard cash and would need something to justify the cash spent. I pay for this game cos I love Trek and I bought the Legacy pack cos I want to support the game. Is it really that complicated to understand that I want something in return as well??
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Career Officer
# 59
05-20-2013, 03:57 PM
So, I have been wondering.

I imagine i'm not the only one to have downloaded the pre-patch. I also patched Tribble to it's latest version.

Do I still have to download a patch on launch day? In addtion to the pre-patch and the mirrored Tribble files?
| Sarah Walker - U.S.S. Solstice | Eden Taryd - I.K.S. Varchas | Ariennye Kyla - R.R.W. T'virixia |
| Jan Idaris - U.S.S. Atlas | Sorval - I.K.S. Reclaw | T'Mara Praex - R.R.W. Ventarix |
| Keval th'Zareth - U.S.S. Avenger | Do'Zahn - I.K.S. K't'rika | Ayel D'amarok - R.R.W. N'ventar |
Captain
# 60
05-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
So, I have been wondering.

I imagine i'm not the only one to have downloaded the pre-patch. I also patched Tribble to it's latest version.

Do I still have to download a patch on launch day? In addtion to the pre-patch and the mirrored Tribble files?
Probably at least some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)