Republic Veteran
# 61
05-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
So, I have been wondering.

I imagine i'm not the only one to have downloaded the pre-patch. I also patched Tribble to it's latest version.

Do I still have to download a patch on launch day? In addtion to the pre-patch and the mirrored Tribble files?
You computer will mirror all needed files from what you already downloaded. But that doesn't mean the devs haven't slipped in a last minute fix that didn't make it into the pre-patch.

But the good news is your downloading will be limited compared to those who still haven't prepared.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Ensign
# 62
05-20-2013, 10:25 PM
So how do you tell if you purchased this?

I clicked on the buy now graphics on the launcher.. it took me to your website and asked what city i lived in and country.. and then it looked like it completed the transaction.

I didn't get a receipt in the email or nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 63
05-21-2013, 01:03 AM
Surely the best way to prepare is to send your DOffs on long missions (a couple of days if possible), and then play something else until the excitement dies down a bit.

Personally, I'll be EvEing it up, those Incursion Sansha need knocking down a peg or two.
"But in-game I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason you were brought into the forums, that by knowing me here for a little, you might know me better there."
Career Officer
# 64
05-21-2013, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixandel View Post
So how do you tell if you purchased this?

I clicked on the buy now graphics on the launcher.. it took me to your website and asked what city i lived in and country.. and then it looked like it completed the transaction.

I didn't get a receipt in the email or nothing.
Um...that's not Legacy Of Romulus. That's the Legacy Pack.

Legacy Of Romulus is a free expansion. If you've bought the Legacy Pack under the impression that it includes the expansion itself... :\
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Ensign
# 65
05-21-2013, 06:42 AM
<S>

Jolan'Tru, been waiting 3 years for this,lol. Let the real fun begin.

GFLGeeman, commander GFL Tal Shi'ar battlegroup
Ensign
# 66
05-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbor2 View Post
hmm im going to copy this n send it as a fleet mail great info here that i did no know about
Here it is launch day and their doing maintenance on the shard. I am so sick of their @W#$.
What did I pay $300.00 dollars for on a life time membership and be a beta tester and be with him from day 1 for now?

No wonder they are having people complaining so much. Typical, get your money and then just not care about the people who made them rich, typical.

Why couldn't they just do the maintenance at say 1am - to 5am? Now it will take the biggest part of the day.

Their logic escapes me.
Republic Veteran
# 67
05-21-2013, 07:43 AM
Launcher is up for patching! Server remains down until 12PM PDT (US). Today's patch weighs in at 10GB but I only needed to download 1167KB after doing the items mentioned below. It only took my computer two minutes to patch (full disclosure, I have Windows and STO installed on an SSD. So your times may vary.). But keeping Tribble up to date and Pre-patching works.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.

Last edited by commadorebob; 05-21-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Career Officer
# 68
05-21-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikius View Post
Here it is launch day and their doing maintenance on the shard. I am so sick of their @W#$.
What did I pay $300.00 dollars for on a life time membership and be a beta tester and be with him from day 1 for now?

No wonder they are having people complaining so much. Typical, get your money and then just not care about the people who made them rich, typical.

Why couldn't they just do the maintenance at say 1am - to 5am? Now it will take the biggest part of the day.

Their logic escapes me.
You do realize that this maintenance is for the implementation of Legacy of Romulus right? And depending on work contracts they may have had to do the implementation during normal working shifts? Or that Perfect World sets the time for a time convenient for them?
Ensign
# 69
05-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikius View Post

Their logic escapes me.
u mister should get some time off and go walk outside or have some fun with family or friends
because u are to addicted to this game i feel sorry for you.
Rihannsu
# 70
05-21-2013, 09:54 AM
I prepatched, but seems as there are about 250 MB last minute that didn't come in the prepatch. Those few MB takes forever! I have 20mb line here, and a fairly good computer, so I am a little disappointed. seems it's about 0.1 mb/second now. Which means I will not be ready when the servers go online.
Apply for membership at the
Join our cause now!