Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Empire Veteran
I am.

And I made this thread so that it's public, and whoever wants to post that they are also buying these, so that way they'll know...they'll know, it is I!! Baron, Vladimir Harkonnen!!! Who encompasses their doom!

*cough*...Sorry, got carried away.

But seriously, they'll know people are willing to buy KDF ships.

On a similar note, when they release the Fleet Guramba, I have no problems about buying the normal Guramba purely for the sake of getting the discount.

I'm willing to buy KDF ships, they just have to be willing to make them.

Captain
# 2
05-06-2013, 10:12 AM
I'll be buying one for my own account and one for my son's account - as he wants to start over at 1 when the new KDF content comes out. That means I'll also be buying two copies of the T2 ships too.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
05-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Depends what they are
A classic T1 B'rel? yes
anything non canon not a chance
Rihannsu
# 4
05-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Honestly I haven't looked at these, since they didn't even have a hey we're going to have new ships dev blog, I didn't really want to take anything at face value. What are they going to add?
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Empire Veteran
# 5
05-06-2013, 10:21 AM
The Three Reason Why One Would Consider Purchasing A Low Tier C-Store Ship:

Cool/Fun Factor.. Extra firepower/abilities is never a bad thing. And of course.. You look good doing it.

Console.. Some console are restricted to specific hull or classes. Be aware! But all those low tier ships have a console or something that can be used elsewhere.. to your benifit.

Fleet Ship Discount! If you have the low tier version of a Fleet hull purchased, the fleet version will require ONLY a single fleet module to purchase. Suddenly makes those fleet ships not quite so painfull to aquire.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Commander
# 6
05-06-2013, 10:25 AM
I'll be purchasing for the consoles and because they are KDF ships

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
Fleet Ship Discount! If you have the low tier version of a Fleet hull purchased, the fleet version will require ONLY a single fleet module to purchase. Suddenly makes those fleet ships not quite so painfull to aquire.
Incorrect, only T5 Z-Store ships have discounts
__________________________________________________ _____________________________
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Captain
# 7
05-06-2013, 10:25 AM
No way, I could care less for tier 1/2 ships as a Lifetimer being in game at least 2.5 years .

Sure, if they were tier 5? No doubt i would probably buy them just for the skin, but no... No low tier ships for me.
Empire Veteran
# 8
05-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
Honestly I haven't looked at these, since they didn't even have a hey we're going to have new ships dev blog, I didn't really want to take anything at face value. What are they going to add?
Two low level Birds of Prey. A tier 1, and a tier 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
The Three Reason Why One Would Consider Purchasing A Low Tier C-Store Ship:

Cool/Fun Factor.. Extra firepower/abilities is never a bad thing. And of course.. You look good doing it.

Console.. Some console are restricted to specific hull or classes. Be aware! But all those low tier ships have a console or something that can be used elsewhere.. to your benifit.

The new consoles can be used on other ships, but you cannot buy them on Tribble yet, just look at the ship stats.

However, a low tier version of a ship does NOT give the discount. Only if you have a tier 5 C-store version of a ship purchased (such as the b'rel retrofit), will you get the discount. Buying these new low tier ships won't help the higher tier costs I'm afraid.

Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Only if the Fleet version comes out right away, which I will by.

Only reason I will buy the new ships out of the C-store is if I can use their parts on the T5 equivalent, like the Bri'loth/B'rel. Cosmetics are what I'm after.

I don't need new special consoles, I already have so many floating around that I never use them.
Career Officer
# 10
05-06-2013, 10:52 AM
It's almost certain that I will be picking up some of the lower tiered ships and starting a new KDF toon to play in them with.