Career Officer
# 1 Fleet Event Abuse
05-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Was just in a Fleet Red Alert, and when we got to the final wave with the Named Ship, 3 people leave the event.

I find this very unacceptable, because they can re-enter the queue and earn more Fleet Marks, while leaving the rest of us having to face a cooldown. And being rewarded with LESS fleet marks.

Between this and AFKers, I personally am really growing tired of these Fleet Events. And when you don't have fleetmates on at the same time to do it as a team, it leaves you up a creek without a paddle.
Career Officer
# 2
05-06-2013, 02:35 PM
It really does depend on whats happening.

If you having difficult with the first two waves, as in the team, then theres some issues.

I once was in one with 3 Mirandas... Yeah I bailed.

One Year and Three months waiting for Fleet Galaxy X - "Technical Difficulties" Since 8th Feb 12.
Landmark Technical Difficulties Dates: 13/01/12 - 8/11/12 - 14/11/12 - 14/12/12 - 26/04/13
Republic Veteran
# 3
05-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy83 View Post

If you having difficult with the first two waves, as in the team, then theres some issues.

No it's a thing as soon as you get to the last wave with the dreadnaught players leave, so they can join up again and farm.

Seen it done plenty of times, even if the group went through the waves fast and quickly and were good.

Last edited by neoakiraii; 05-06-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
05-06-2013, 02:43 PM
I have to admit, I've been in some bad ones, but I've never bailed. I think the leave penalty should apply to anyone who ditches. My biggest issue has always been with AFKers in fleet events, I've avoided them for a while so I'm not sure if they are still an issue.

EDIT: What your describing almost sounds like the guys that would ditch Mirror Events as soon as the Dread showed, hated that.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
05-06-2013, 02:48 PM
couple of suggestions

1 Award Fleet marks ONLY at the end of the instance

2 Automatically apply the 30 mins timer when the instance starts not when it finishes
Commander
# 6
05-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozy83 View Post

I honestly do wonder why there are no level floors on most of these fleet events. Blockade can be hard enough as it is with all level 50s if some of your teammates are less than competent. Throwing two or three people below level 10 into a match is just asking for failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
couple of suggestions

2 Automatically apply the 30 mins timer when the instance starts not when it finishes
Bolded would be completely unfair for those who end up in circumstances such as the one I just mentioned.
Career Officer
# 7
05-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
couple of suggestions

To me, I would allow you go to a certain point before a Punishment system is active. Because people who are farming leave before the very end of events to keep returning. And there are some people (including myself) who don't like doing the Fleet Red Alerts with "lowbies" or leaving because of a griefer / moocher causing problems.

And as much as I like the idea of Fleet Marks being rewarded at the end, it's a double sword. People liked partial marks due to the possibility of a bug where the event does not complete (which has happened on occasion in FRA and Incursion), or server outage.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
05-06-2013, 03:32 PM
I'd also like to see any VA who warps out leaving a Lt in the fight be automatically blocked for a week
Commander
# 9
05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Quote:
I'd also like to see any VA who warps out leaving a Lt in the fight be automatically blocked for a week
Thats not a good idea, to put it mildly. You will understand when you get into a fleet alert with a lvl 3 Miranda and a rainbow cruiser.
Career Officer
# 10
05-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoryczny View Post
Thats not a good idea, to put it mildly. You will understand when you get into a fleet alert with a lvl 3 Miranda and a rainbow cruiser.
LOL, exactly. Why should I be penalised for carrying the rest of the lowbies?

Erm.. No. Helm, Warp 9, Engage!

One Year and Three months waiting for Fleet Galaxy X - "Technical Difficulties" Since 8th Feb 12.
Landmark Technical Difficulties Dates: 13/01/12 - 8/11/12 - 14/11/12 - 14/12/12 - 26/04/13