Former PWE Community Team Lead
In this week's episode of Podcast UGC, Lead Designer Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera stops by to chat about Legacy of Romulus and answer community submitted questions.

Link to the interview.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
04-24-2013, 06:14 PM
4 hours?!?

Guess I'm not getting any homework done tonight.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Empire Veteran
# 3
04-24-2013, 06:55 PM
1) hav should have pressed more on the alien gen. I felt geko crack. :p
2) my question about the starbase interior was because it sucks to zone into the starbase zone then beam to your starbase just to get queued up for something just to have to zone and beam back in to your starbase afterwards. I realize that the starbase instance is closed but if you where on the starbase originally why can't it pretend that you are at the very least beaming back to the starbase again
3) geko is one of the best person to be interviewed because a) he knows a lot of answers and b) he knows how to craft a response and c) has a bladder that can handle a 4 hr interview
4) my other question about "whether we can expect as much content in the future" wasn't answered how I wished. Probably because I don't quite understand how you could make as much content in the past 6 months. I thought it was through hiring. If it was then I don't understand how come you cannot continue. I understand you guys have been working yourself to death to get this out but all this productivity can't all be overtime.
5) ban the exploiters. It hurts your bottomlife and deflates the value of dilithium for everyone.
Republic Veteran
# 4
04-24-2013, 07:01 PM
If you mean crack like a TOS captain before he gives Kirk the business then yeah.

Captain
# 5
04-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Can someone please direct me to the parts of this 4 hour interview that has anything to do with UGC?

I'm not trying to make a point. I would just like to know if Podcast UGC's epic 4 hour interview has the slightest relevance for UGC.

I see 2 show notes that have anything to do with the Foundry. Any chance someone could give me the time stamps of those UGC moments of Podcast UGC?

Last edited by kirksplat; 04-24-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Captain
# 6
04-24-2013, 07:17 PM
Listening to it now. Glad to hear they might be scrapping the Typhoon.
Rihannsu
# 7
04-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Scrapping it from the game totally? Those pushing for it and the Jupiter on the C-Store are going to be disappointed.
Captain
# 8
04-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
What?? No! Why? They already took the Jupiter out of the game, why the Typhoon? You would think with all the threads that have been around since the launch of the game asking for it to be playable, they would at least keep it in as an NPC...
Career Officer
# 9
04-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Can someone please direct me to the parts of this 4 hour interview that has anything to do with UGC?

I'm not trying to make a point. I would just like to know if Podcast UGC's epic 4 hour interview has the slightest relevance for UGC.

I see 2 show notes that have anything to do with the Foundry. Any chance someone could give me the time stamps of those UGC moments of Podcast UGC?
About 3 hours in or so.
Captain
# 10
04-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
What?? No! Why? They already took the Jupiter out of the game, why the Typhoon?
Actually, the Jupiter is alive and well. All the dreadnoughts in "Fleet Alert" are Jupiters.

I guess completely scrapping the Typhoon would be a bit cruel. But if they at least added alternative skins, I could live with that.