Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 181
01-17-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westbrookdrew View Post
Anyone who "paid" more than $0 or whatever it is in your crazy currency to "play" the beta is, frankly, a complete imbicile! Nobody pays for beta, everyone got in for free. EVERYONE. If you assume some stupid crap that you made up in your own mind, believe me it's not going to work out to your skewed vision. Period. Then you say Cryptic are criminals and stealing all my money etc. etc. etc. YOU are the one who gave up that money....The WHOLE reason to give out this many beta invites, and I stress (pun intended) GIVE OUT, is to TEST THE SERVERS. I swear I don't understand how some of you people remember to breath.

MORONS, go play WoW or EVE and leave the real game to us.
I think I love you . Beta is FREEEEEEEEEE. I didnt pre-order and I'm playing beta. Same arguments came out in Warhammer Online over and over "but I paid but I paid but I paid" over and over. I ended up wanting to beat my head against my keyboard (incidentally how most people play MMOs). You paid for 1)The game 2)Headstart 3)Pre-order bonuses such as uniforms etc. YOU DID NOT PAY FOR OPEN BETA ACCESS! IT IS FREE.

Also breathing can be tricky, have to keep your focus, can't afford to be distracted by the shinies.
Lt. Commander
# 182 say wha?
01-17-2010, 04:04 PM
LOL. Eve is a pretty complex MMO. It might be working, but you need more patiance in that game than in STO. STO has a lot less waiting time. Anyway, It's nice to know I'm not the only one having trouble logging in today.

"misery loves company" :/

P.S. I bought pre-order because I've been looking forward to this game coming out for 2 years now and wanted the bonuses. I'm going to wait until the Jan 31st before deciding whether the lifelime subscription will be worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 183
01-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
Is this the first time you've done an open beta for an MMO?
Is it yours? Remember back to WoW beta. Server downtown was WAY higher. STO servers may be tapped, but they have been incredibly stable in comparison to most other betas.

Every beta has its problems. Let's all be patient!
Lt. Commander
# 184
01-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Whatever the server is, he's an ass. First, he gives me some crap about the server being full and not accepting more players... then he turns around and lets me wait for him while he "retrieves my list of characters".

And then he just sits there. He's not retrieving anything. He isn't busy. He's just looking at me from across the room and is eating all of my pop corn.