Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Odd, my game had been working fine since the start of the open beta, now all of the sudden on my latest disconnect. I get this message.
Lt. Commander
Same problem here. Game crashed. I filled out the game crash report, went off to get some breakfast. Came back about 30 minutes later, logged in. The game then verified some content and I can't log in now.

Anybody else have the same problem?
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Server is busy, please try again later.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-16-2010, 10:34 AM
It's grown progessively harder for me to connect to STO since OB started.

1. Start of Open Beta, I can log in fine.
2. Next day, get stuck at "Connecting to Login Server" message, have to use a US proxy to bypass that.
3. Couple of days later, I start getting smacked with a "Disconneced from Account Server" message while logging in with the proxy (no proxy still doesn't work)
4. Today, even if I get past the "Disconnected from Account Server" message, I get hit with the "Server is busy" message.

I love this game, but boy... the problems I'm having connecting and then STAYING connected are more than mildly frustrating. With any luck, it'll be fixed soon enough.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-16-2010, 10:36 AM
same here, just got my new pewpew's now i want to uuuuse them
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-16-2010, 10:37 AM
This is a beta test...
Not the finished product.
Which means there are going to be problems even with logging in at times.
I know some people here have worked or are working in data centers and server rooms, even they can tell you it's no easy feat to get a dozen systems talking to each other and in the right way plus handle all of the network connections to the net etc.

You do know what they say about expectations and reality?
Expectations tend to be much higher and then reality comes and bites you on the (censored for the unmature audience)
So don't expect much more than what we have been seeing this first week until it gets closer to launch day; as they get the bugs out of the server with each new patch they have to write.
laters
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Same problem on the east coast.
Lt. Commander
# 28
I'm mostly OK with connectivity issues because it's beta. However, I've tried a couple times to get in and can't so folks like me will have to walk away; Cryptic is losing valuable beta player time.

Since I can't stay and play 24/7, the time I do have is imporant. I still haven't progessed past lieutenant grade 5. I'm not in a hurry mind you, I'm trying to do everthing for testing purposes. Between the gameplay bugs, disconnects and now the log-in issue, my ability to function as a tester is severely hampered.

Assuming I'm in the minority, then it's not going to matter. Assuming there are lots of people like me, it will matter to a degree. With this in mind, the beta test should have plenty of capacity and round the clock support. The support's probably there so we'll see how long the connectivity issues remain.

I'm going to be hopeful I can help this week-end!
Lt. Commander
# 29
my first post, I am enjoying the game, still learing my way arround. It's a Beta and as such I expect glitches and I try to be patient. Can't wait till I am able to log back on and play some more.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Ok so what gives its been over an hour of the server is busy??? Any Devs gonna touch this one??