Lt. Commander
# 1 Chances of Working on Release?
01-16-2010, 10:08 AM
*I have managed to fix my problem, by deleting, starting back from the .rar file, there was a 192mb patch that i didn't have somehow*

Hi All,

I live in the UK, At the moment I can barely connect, At all, Off peak hours I can Log In fine, But have major rubber banding, at peak times, I cant even connect to the servers.

Apparently a lot of people are having these problems, and no one seems to have any ideas how to fix this, I can play any other MMORPG's fine.

The proxy's don't work for me, nothing changes how well I can connect. Not even in the slightest.

I am currently considering cancelling my pre order, I understand this is a beta, from what I've played I love this game, I would definitely consider buying a lifetime membership. I want to play but I'm not going to risk losing 30 ($50) on something that I may not get to play.

The Bottom line: If I'm still unable to connect, I'm Not paying.

Do you think it might get sorted out?

[Note] *This isn't a rant about this game, I want to play it.*
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-16-2010, 10:10 AM
**** had worse problems all the way through release. Granted it's a different company. But if NCSoft can fix a problem I'm sure Cyptic can. I've been having no problems with rubberbanding at all, though your distance from the US servers could be part of the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-16-2010, 10:13 AM
I Hope so, i've been looking forward to this for ages.

Please Cryptic don't make me have to try WoW again, I Don't get it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Im feeling the same way about my pre-order. Having crash issues. Just wish Cryptic would at least speak to us on the forums, at least that way I would feel they are interested in the issues.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadexenon View Post
Im feeling the same way about my pre-order. Having crash issues. Just wish Cryptic would at least speak to us on the forums, at least that way I would feel they are interested in the issues.
If they said they were at least trying to find a solution, I'd buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-16-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm getting serious connection issues too.

I was tempted to pre-order but now not a chance.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im-Kris View Post
If they said they were at least trying to find a solution, I'd buy it.
I hear you man.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-16-2010, 10:30 AM
I've been a star trek fan for years, and not being able to play this would be annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadexenon View Post
I hear you man.
Well Cryptic have a very spotty history when it comes to this.

However this time I get the feeling they're trying. They're trying to get back the magic that made CoX (the only good game they ever released, remember STO hasn't been released) but they're also trying to avoid the mistakes they made back then.

Of course they're not avoiding them entirely but they're trying. Thats an improvement.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-16-2010, 10:40 AM
It's true It looks like the game has the potentail to be amazing. If they just speak to the users people dont expect too much at this stage. Its being left in the dark that sucks.