Lieutenant
There were a quite a few times in which I would launch a heavy plasma torpedo and it would reach it's target and never make contact. Once it gets to it's target it woud match speed with the target and follow it around until it fizzled out. The only way I found to get around this is I would have to tractor beam the target to get the torpedo to hit it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
05-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Which plasma torpedo are you referring to? There's an omega Romulan torpedoes and other is the Romulan torpedo launcher which is on the Romulan reputation.

I personally think the Omega launcher is crap. I'd save up for the Romulan torpedo launcher at tier 4
<a href=http://s146.photobucket.com/user/Challenger03/media/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/Challenger03/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg target=_blank>http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...psfcfe716b.jpg</a></a>
Captain
# 3
05-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Yeah I know what OP is saying. Ive seen that too. It just follows the Target.

I wonder if its simply a matter of skills. Like your accuracy is less than their defense so it never hits. But instead of flying off into space it just plays follow the leader.
Captain
# 4
05-07-2013, 09:24 AM
I see this or something like it in KASE. The HY Omega Torp fails to contact the transformer quite often. The problem occurs more when firing from the side of the transformer than front. I haven't noticed this with HY Romulan Rep torps.
Chingachgook told me, Don't try to understand them; and don't try to make them understand you. For they are a breed apart and make no sense.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
05-07-2013, 09:33 AM
I've seen the behavior OP reported, I just thought it was the enemy outrunning the torps.

I have also seen, though, where the torp gets right up to the enemy, stops, and doesn't explode or continue following. Just sits there even if the enemy moves on.
Captain
# 6
05-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
I see this or something like it in KASE. The HY Omega Torp fails to contact the transformer quite often. The problem occurs more when firing from the side of the transformer than front. I haven't noticed this with HY Romulan Rep torps.
That's because the geometry of the transformers and their hitboxes aren't synched. The torps get stuck on the transformer without actually getting close enough to the hitbox to classify as a "hit".

I suspect what the OP is describing is when an HYT misses its target.
Captain
# 7
05-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I notice it happening a lot for my Plasma Torp boat when there are shockwaves, repulsors, or other things that cause a ship to suddenly change position/temporarily obstructs the pathfinding.

Nothing more frusting than seeing a HY3 Energy Bolt amplified with 4 kinetic plasma consoles, attack patterns and resistance negation suddenly stop right next to its target(s)..
Career Officer
# 8
05-07-2013, 10:43 AM
I often see Plasma High Yields get right behind the target then just stop, doing nothing, just sitting there as well.

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
Cryptic Studios Team
# 9
05-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Do any of you happen to have solid steps to reproduce this error?

- Is it on Tribble only, or also present on Holodeck (as of the most recent patch, on each) ?
- Does it occur against a specific enemy, or can it occur against all enemies?
- Are you using basic Plasma Torpedoes, or one of the special types obtained via the Reputation system?

Please be as accurate as possible with your answers. If you don't know an answer with certainty, it's better to say so than to speculate or assume.

Thanks!
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 10
05-07-2013, 11:38 AM
I don't have solid repro steps - it doesn't happen with every shot - but I've seen it occur with the Plasma Energy Bolt from the Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher, on Holodeck.

As mentioned above, the KASE transformers are a decent place to look for this sort of behaviour, since the targets are stationary.