Survivor of Remus
# 21
05-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Since we're talking about plasma torps, has anyone ever seen an enemy Heavy plasma torp bounce off your ship and hit the ship that launched it? I've only seen this once, but I was just sitting there astonished when it happened, because I was expecting the torp to 1-shot kill me.

Instead it bounced off of me and flew back to the enemy ship, killing it. I have only seen this once, and want to be sure I am not crazy. No, I did not shoot a plasma myself. At the time I was still using Quantums.

Been fighting a lot against plasma torp ships to see if I can get this to happen again.
Career Officer
# 22
05-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Do any of you happen to have solid steps to reproduce this error?

- Is it on Tribble only, or also present on Holodeck (as of the most recent patch, on each) ?
- Does it occur against a specific enemy, or can it occur against all enemies?
- Are you using basic Plasma Torpedoes, or one of the special types obtained via the Reputation system?

Please be as accurate as possible with your answers. If you don't know an answer with certainty, it's better to say so than to speculate or assume.

Thanks!
At least from my experience:
Tribble and Holodeck. I've seen it happen to a lot of different enemies.
Seen it happen with basic Plasma High Yields, Tricobalts as well as the special Romulan reputation torpedo, although it's usually not all of them at once with those.

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
Career Officer
# 23
05-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliescot25 View Post
I personally think the Omega launcher is crap.
Sigh... I found this out the hard way. What a waste of time and energy! Better off with quantum torps or even photon... which says everything, eh?!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Captain
# 24
05-08-2013, 11:06 AM
been watching them since the pacth. I would use the word erratic.

What I have noticed is my HY seem to explode BEFORE they hit the target. Like they get so close and go boom but dont make actual contact. I dont believe this is an issue with the Mob blowing it up since they are targetting me and not the torp.

And as someone said above, I have issues with Tricobalts all the time on live. I simply stopped using them because they were so unpredicatable