Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,119
Is this really needed for a lazy player who doesn't change power levels?

The only reason why I had 6 points in it was to help with the power transfer when I drop out of full impulse.

I did notice, visually, that 6 points + the console did help with power regen when firing (but, it was hardly noticeable).

I was thinking of redistributing those 6 points into:
3 - Sensor Scan
3 - Subsystem repair

My fleetmate tells me that he's noticed that Sensor Scan really helps with Sensor Target Assault. It doesn't stop target lock, but with 3 points in Sensor Scan, he can still see his target and can re-acquire immediately (or almost immediately).

Subsystem Repair was more to ensure I spent all of my points in something I need. Does it help significantly against disables with just 3 points?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 2
05-06-2013, 10:53 AM
You know it also increases the power gain from emergency power skills ?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,119
# 3
05-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
You know it also increases the power gain from emergency power skills ?
Ahh, right...I had forgotten about that.

Hmmm....guess I'll need to see where else I can draw points from.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
# 4
05-06-2013, 11:06 AM
I try to consult Amicus's skill point effects table when I am looking to find different points.

http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skil...%20Effects.htm

It makes pretty clear what the difference is between having 3 and 6 points in any given space skill.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,119
# 5
05-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamocha View Post
I try to consult Amicus's skill point effects table when I am looking to find different points.

http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skil...%20Effects.htm

It makes pretty clear what the difference is between having 3 and 6 points in any given space skill.
Yeah, I was checking that as well.

Perhaps I could get away with dropping Electro-Plasma down to 4, since their is only a 1 power level difference between 4 and 6.

Still won't quite get me to 3 in Sensors.

Last edited by shookyang; 05-06-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,541
# 6
05-06-2013, 12:04 PM
on my tribble romulan, it was painful waiting for energy to normalize wile i couldn't get any points into EPS, i think you will regret it. it directly buffs EPt skills too like already mentioned. i wish EPS consoles buffed this skill, instead of just transfer rate
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,179
# 7
05-06-2013, 12:11 PM
I put 3 points into EPS on every toon. Seems to be the sweet spot--any less is harmful, any more and the points are more valuable elsewhere.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,119
# 8
05-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
on my tribble romulan, it was painful waiting for energy to normalize wile i couldn't get any points into EPS, i think you will regret it. it directly buffs EPt skills too like already mentioned. i wish EPS consoles buffed this skill, instead of just transfer rate
Will I really notice a difference in power transfer rate if I went with 4 points instead of 6?

According to the link above, I'd only lose 1 power level with EPtS.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 9
05-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
I was thinking of redistributing those 6 points into:
3 - Sensor Scan
3 - Subsystem repair
You mean Starship Sensors.

Sensor Scan is the Sci captain power (which is actually boosted by Starship Sensors).


Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
My fleetmate tells me that he's noticed that Sensor Scan really helps with Sensor Target Assault. It doesn't stop target lock, but with 3 points in Sensor Scan, he can still see his target and can re-acquire immediately (or almost immediately).
Starship Sensors is to Confuses (Scramble Sensors) and Placates as PI is to Power Drains.

So 9 ranks, or equivalent (i.e. 99 skill) equates to 50% duration reduction.



I can't confirm, but I suspect, that Subsystem Repair functions in a similar manner vs. subsystem disables.

If this is true, then 3 ranks would be 27% reduction in duration.

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,119
# 10
05-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
You mean Starship Sensors.

Sensor Scan is the Sci captain power (which is actually boosted by Starship Sensors).




Starship Sensors is to Confuses (Scramble Sensors) and Placates as PI is to Power Drains.

So 9 ranks, or equivalent (i.e. 99 skill) equates to 50% duration reduction.



I can't confirm, but I suspect, that Subsystem Repair functions in a similar manner vs. subsystem disables.

If this is true, then 3 ranks would be 27% reduction in duration.
Yes, I meant Starship Sensors.

And I left out a word...3 points in Sensors doesn't eliminate the breaking of target lock from Sensor Assault, but it reduces the 2 second jam. He insists that he just loses target lock but can still see his target. Perhaps they round up the reduction in Sensor Assault's case to 1 second?

1/4 off the duration of Jam Sensors, AMS, Sensor Assault, and Sensor Scramble doesn't sound too bad.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:37 AM.