Lt. Commander
# 1 Disconnected.
01-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Guys,

I am only too aware of the logon issues that is currently plaguing some people and im pleased to report that fortunately i am not one of them however i have noticed i get disconnected every night and have great difficulty getting back on.

I have noticed a trend in these disconnects over the past 3-4 days. Im in the UK so at around about 2130-2200hrs GMT i get disconnected from what ever instance im connected too at the time and taking back to the logon screen. The game then has great difficulty re-establishing a connection to Cryptic STO logon/account servers and subsequently times out.

Is this linked to the current issues being experienced by some people or is it isolated to just me?

PS - It can't be my computer if i can connect at any other time of the day - Also have a 50MB Broadband line jacked in so bandwidth is not an issue either.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon21288 View Post
Guys,

I am only too aware of the logon issues that is currently plaguing some people and im pleased to report that fortunately i am not one of them however i have noticed i get disconnected every night and have great difficulty getting back on.

I have noticed a trend in these disconnects over the past 3-4 days. Im in the UK so at around about 2130-2200hrs GMT i get disconnected from what ever instance im connected too at the time and taking back to the logon screen. The game then has great difficulty re-establishing a connection to Cryptic STO logon/account servers and subsequently times out.

Is this linked to the current issues being experienced by some people or is it isolated to just me?

PS - It can't be my computer if i can connect at any other time of the day - Also have a 50MB Broadband line jacked in so bandwidth is not an issue either.
Ditto on this.. my connection isn't as quick as that..

The connection in the EU/UK is pathetic at the moment.. and there appears to be nothing communicated from the Development team

I have problems connecting after 5pm.. before that there are no worries..
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 03:20 PM
i was on and enjoying beta till i downed the borg forcefields and such on the ground mission where engineers get a rifle.. not sure if every class gets that mission point being..

i ""was"" on that mission teleported out of there and then CRASH the game lost connection then when i relogged in i selected my character to go back in and half way done loading i discconected and now when i try to log in i get a DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER message off the boot... so.. beta looks sweet really enjoying that loggin menu...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-16-2010, 10:38 AM
It is VERY annoying, to the point where i'm beginning to think pre ordering the game off steam was a bad idea.

I realise it is a beta HOWEVER they should have still prepared themselves for the obvious onslaught of players. Instead they appear to have underspec'd there servers and people who have PAID to have the privilege of beta testing can't because the servers can't handle the load.

Instead we get errors like 'The server is busy at the moment try again later'.

How exactly is Cryptic going to keep its player base if its players cant connect to the servers when ever they want!?

Don't give me the bull about being a beta, its no excuse the game seems to play ok - when it plays its getting it to connect and staying connected that's the problem!!!!!

Sort it out Cryptic for pete sake!!