Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Massively Interviews dStahl
06-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Massively recently caught up with Executive Producer Daniel Stahl at this year's E3. Check out a recap of their interview in this week's Captain's Log entry.

Link to the recap.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 2
06-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Nice interview, well written.

It's cool to hear there really is going to be a Summer Risa Event. I thought the talk I'd heard about it was just rumor. I look forward to Q's antics.

Also nice to hear CO is going to get some love w/Cryptic North.

Oh, and... First!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
# 3
06-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Very cool. Looking forward to the Risa event.

Quote:
However, Stahl doesn't believe it is just the new "learning period" of the game that is drawing back old players and bringing in the new players; he thinks that it was the "higher-quality" content the team was able to create and implement for the expansion has just as much if not more to do with it.
Have to agree here. The new content that came with LoR was much higher quality than the older missions. However this makes the transition from the finish of the Romulan arc to the older Fed stuff on DS9 a bit jarring. Sure you guys changed around the text to fit the Roms/KDF, but going from the new shiny to the old was weird. Since it looks like you guys really want to revamp the Fed tutorial (which I highly agree that you should) I would also suggest doing some remasters of the old missions to bring them up to speed. I think I remember Dan saying they wanted to do this when they had time, but I can't seem to remember where.

As far wanting to do more expansions, I can only say: YES. If any future expansions are up to LoR quality or higher, then you won't get any complaints from me lol.

Anyways good stuff in that interview.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Empire Veteran
# 4
06-17-2013, 01:28 PM
interesting. summer event confirmed too i see
Captain
# 5
06-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Lack of customer support, outages, lag, bugs and nerfs all overshadowed by positive support and number of new accounts created.

Standard PR article.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 6
06-17-2013, 03:18 PM
Okie dokie, Summer event is really coming up.

But you he made me very worried with this "possibly biggest update to the doff system yet". I believe many (including me) like the doff system as it is, meaning any messing with it may very well screw it up.

And speaking of upgrades and expansions: Calm down! No need to churn them out every month, rather focus on bug fixing and take your time to do stuff right.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!

Last edited by toiva; 06-17-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: typos
Captain
# 7
06-17-2013, 04:03 PM
The summer event sounds really nice. I enjoyed the winter one. Wonder what ship they will bring out for this one?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-17-2013, 05:02 PM
English is not my main language but I think I never read a published text with so many orthographic mistakes.
Captain
# 9
06-17-2013, 08:27 PM
so seeing how there is going to be a risa summer event, will the art team actually be making all of the custom skins full body instead of head only?

PLEASE?
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
06-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Lack of customer support, outages, lag, bugs and nerfs all overshadowed by positive support and number of new accounts created.

Standard PR article.
You got that right...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010