Lt. Commander
# 11
01-16-2010, 11:55 AM
hi,

I crashed from the game whilst skilling up and crashed. Sent in the bug report

Now getting the server is busy. been trying for 1/2 hour

I think they need a quequing system to get you some idea how long before you log in

hammerhands
Lt. Commander
# 12 server busy
01-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanyc View Post
Cryptic,

At the moment, I would never buy this game. Whenever I try to log on it says " Server Busy". MMORPG's should be able to have millions of people playing at one time. I am a huge Star Trek fan but the games overall performance for me has been terrible. I have never successfully logged in for the past few days that the open beta has been going on. Please explain to me what I' m doing wrong or fix these problems. Is anyone else having these problems?

Jmanyc
other than the surver busy thing, I LOVE THIS GAME
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Just got in... keep clicking the button lol
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-16-2010, 11:57 AM
all the monney shouter... u can be angry after the release at february !!! then its right to say we spend so much money but now they work for the game and stability !!!! thats Beta !
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-16-2010, 11:58 AM
I hate it when people excuse something by saying "yah but it's only beta". Isn't this game supposed to go GM in like two weeks or something???

There are numerous bugs and scaling issues, even now. So even though this is a beta, I don't think it unreasonable to expect the game to be like, 90% or more there. But it's not.

If really is going "Final" in a few weeks, PLEASE post-pone it! Things aren't fully cooked yet!

And for gods' sakes people, ADD SOME SERVERS! This is STAR TREK online! This is going to be "slightly more popular" than CoX or Champs, at least at first...

( Goes back to trying to log on, over and over.... )
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-16-2010, 12:00 PM
I agree with Drazel but I don't think it is hard for them to spend some more money on extra bandwidth. It appears to me that they would get better business by creating a beta that works as a kind of free trial. I just hope that once this passes beta stage, that there is a free trial.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-16-2010, 12:01 PM
If I recall they said that the final game will only be one server. If that's the case then they need to be able to accomodate their ENTIRE subscriber base in the game. Not one subscriber should be getting a "server is full" message" on services they're PAYING to use. Yes, I know its a beta, but isn't the full game going to be one server too?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Given the number of gaming sites that are giving away beta keys, it doesnt surprise me that there are server busy responses. I dont recal it happening in CB. At least the devs are getting a good server load test.
Btw try playin off-peak hours. I dont think its coincidental that today is Saturday and the first time most of us are having problems.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valt View Post
Just got in... keep clicking the button lol
just got in also just keep doing it, dude your an ideot this isn't the final game you think its perfect well its not go paly wow if you want a perfect game dude we beta we test we test when we cna and when the srver goes down to turns off let it, they are probly fixing a problem that came up
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Post from someone with Cryptic

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...65#post1464265

Quote:
Hi everyone!

This is really amazing! We have hit the limit of how many players we can fit on the server right now!

This is one of those times where we're both sad, and glad. On the one side, you all enjoy the game so much, we can't squeeze anyone else on to the server. (I can't log in right now either! )

On the other side, we really want to let you all on the server! So, here's what we're working on:

1) We're increasing server capacity. We have new machines coming in to add to the server, and we've put a rush order on them. We're going to bring them online as soon as we can.

2) We're working on software solutions as well. Our development team is working night and day to be able to get as much power as we can from each machine, and we're focusing on increasing capacity, and server stability.

For now, all we can say is, please keep trying. We know it's frustrating. Please keep trying though. You never know when you might be able to get in!

Thank you for your patience, thank you for your support, and thank you for your interest in Star Trek Online!

Stormshade