Lt. Commander
I keep looking at the info out on it and just can't make the connection to what it will do for small fleets. Any info or explanation on this would be great. Thanks
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
06-16-2013, 03:03 AM
It does absolutely nothing to help small fleets in any way. Larger fleets will welcome it because it gives them another fleet holding to pump resources into so they can gain fleet credits as that is often an issue for larger fleets. Larger fleets will have no problems completing this new holding, and it will just further the gap between smaller and larger fleets.

Most smaller fleets will likely halt progress on their fleet base in lieu of building the new mine, because they'll initially think the "discounts" will make everything else easier. By the time they realize that's not the case they will already be heavily invested in the Dil mine, and because of the halted progress on their fleet base, as I said before the rift between small fleets and larger ones will grow.

If Cryptic was really serious about helping smaller fleets they would have just slashed the resource costs on the existing fleet base and embassy costs, and most of all the astronomical dilithium costs across all holdings and projects.

Gameplay wise the new UR gear will expand a rift between those with normal gear and the new UR fleet gear. It will become harder for those of us not in fleet or in a large fleet to compete for 1-3 places in events, even further reducing resources for fleet projects due to the lessened amount of place gear to sell or higher rewards for placing in the top 3.

So in the end the only ones that will benefit are the larger fleets that will have a new holding to gain fleet credits, new gear, and for those that "sell rank" in their fleet to people looking to buy gear outside of their fleet, it will further large fleet profits.
Commander
# 3
06-16-2013, 06:38 AM
I think the Miner Doffs will be far, far more important to helping small fleets move forward.

Example get abunch of Alternates, make sure they all have all the miner doffs they need and have them do mining assignments like crazy, then donate the dilithium, fleet marks, and mine provisions generated by the assignments to what ever projects you wish.

Everyone focuses on the 3 percent per tier of mine reduction in dil costs, but its the miners that will make the real difference. And possibly a few other things.
Rihannsu
# 4
06-16-2013, 07:05 AM
The miner doffs that only contribute to 2 doff missions that at the end only give around 33,000 EC or 500 dilithium on a 20 hour cool down? SO far on Tribble that is all they are good for, unless you know something more.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2013, 09:24 AM
Cryptic seems to be missing the point of fleets entirely. The purpose of the fleet system should first and foremost be social. People form guilds in MMOs for all sorts of reasons, and there are all sorts of guilds, raiding guilds, RP guilds, guilds for people with something in common outside of the game, friends and family guilds. Unfortunately, the starbase advancement system only really works for large fleets and either makes it difficult or completely impractical for smaller fleets to participate. This mechanic shouldn't require people to change their gaming social structures in order to get the best gear. Cryptic needs to find a way to accommodate fleets that are small on purpose.
Commander
# 6
06-16-2013, 09:55 AM
That's 2 missions x Fleet Members, including any alts you have, consumes next to no time to use, and is per day. If you personally have ten alts as members all doing it, that's 5000 dil a day, or more with crits.
Captain
# 7
06-16-2013, 11:10 AM
There are various dilithium dailies that are unlocked with each Mining Tier. Not every player gets to the dilithium cap each day. If the rich dilithium daily unlocked at Tier 3 is anywhere near the value of the lockbox mining claims, then this will help small fleets. The only real change needed is to make a dilithium mine not require dilithium for any dilithium mine project. It looks like all, but one upgrade project doesn't require dilithium so that is massive savings for dilithium and that one upgrade project is the Fleet Shuttle project which is not necessary except to save some travel time.

So based on the costs of upgrading a Fleet Holding similar to the Embassy, the Dilithium Mine save 5.7 million dilithium and costs only 2.5 million dilithium assuming only the XP projects are done. So the dilithium costs of the entire Dilithium Mine amount to just under the dilithium costs of the Tier 3 Recruitment/Diplomacy and Tier 3 Embassy upgrade projects. Get rid of the dilithium costs and the only major concern about the Dilithium Mine Fleet Holdings is the Fleet Marks due to the change to Duty Officer requirements for fleet projects.
Captain
# 8
06-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
There are various dilithium dailies that are unlocked with each Mining Tier. Not every player gets to the dilithium cap each day. If the rich dilithium daily unlocked at Tier 3 is anywhere near the value of the lockbox mining claims, then this will help small fleets. The only real change needed is to make a dilithium mine not require dilithium for any dilithium mine project. It looks like all, but one upgrade project doesn't require dilithium so that is massive savings for dilithium and that one upgrade project is the Fleet Shuttle project which is not necessary except to save some travel time.

So based on the costs of upgrading a Fleet Holding similar to the Embassy, the Dilithium Mine save 5.7 million dilithium and costs only 2.5 million dilithium assuming only the XP projects are done. So the dilithium costs of the entire Dilithium Mine amount to just under the dilithium costs of the Tier 3 Recruitment/Diplomacy and Tier 3 Embassy upgrade projects. Get rid of the dilithium costs and the only major concern about the Dilithium Mine Fleet Holdings is the Fleet Marks due to the change to Duty Officer requirements for fleet projects.
What I've seen is that the rich dilithium daily is 500/day. That's nothing.

Your numbers on costs are also inverted. You could *save* potentially as much as 2.6 million dilithium if you haven't done any work on projects at all. The mine itself costs 4.5 million. (The costs in other resources are worse).

Face it, Cryptic totally failed to produce anything that would help small fleets. In fact, as the OP says, this makes things worse.
Captain
# 9
06-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Your math is extremely faulty. A 9% discount on an 8.5 million dilith holding (IE: equivalent to the Embassy) isn't anywhere near 5.7 million in savings. Similarly, a 9% discount on a 20.8 million still doesn't get you remotely close to 5.7 million in savings.

Additionally, you've completely ignored the branch upgrades to get the various tracks tiered up, which are necessary to get the discounts.

Last edited by stirling191; 06-17-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Commander
# 10
06-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Just more lousy decisions from cryptic to get more money, leaving the small fleets choking in the dust.

*edit*

Yes, they are a business, yes they need money, blah blah. Doesn't mean I have to like their bad decisions.

Last edited by urniv821; 06-17-2013 at 10:24 AM.