Ensign
# 41
05-10-2013, 04:13 AM
The whole area looks very nice and is really beautiful designed. But i dont like the whole arc - and with "dont like" i mean i will skip the whole part when i hits holodeck unchanged (assuming the rewards - some may call it compensation - wont change).

Its just too much of the old,well known pew pew - running around and klicking on things or killing respawning mobs - too repetitive and boring. And at many occasions i just tought "why? that doesnt make any sense!" (like kill worms to gain information or the friendly welcome at hassans place after killing hundrets of his henchmen).

Also i had not the feeling playing as an romulan - it doesnt even feel like star trek. with a few minor changes - naming nimbus tatooine and hassan jabba you could call this star wars online and it would fit the same way it fits now in sto.
Lieutenant
# 42
05-10-2013, 04:14 AM
not bad so far. noticed the audio glitched out a few times during combat,

also when in the canyon, the respwan for the groups with the satellite codes seems rather long. needs to be shortened a bit, as took a while to get the last few codes i needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
I think even by the standards of this forum, claiming that the 19th of March = April Fool's is pushing all limits of sanity.
Career Officer
# 43
05-10-2013, 05:51 AM
NPC/Boff pathing needs to be improved in the Undying. It's really frustrating to have half your crew stuck by the respawn node instead of actually able to follow you and help you fight through the bar fight. It is sporadic at least :/.
Commander
# 44
05-10-2013, 06:42 AM
Nimbus aka "Shoot-em up" has been entertaining. The crashed ship sticking out of the planet reminded me of the Earth landscape, post Zentraedi War in Robotech. Very beautiful.

I played with my lvl 50 Sci (lowered to lvl 26) on elite. Very easy fights until the boss fights. My boffs easily wiped the pre-boss encounter enemies from the map.

I'd love to pick up random missions (find/free my relative, get stolen goods back, Sandworm is eating all my gumbo, etc) from people in Paradise without these missions directly affecting the story (perhaps they could). Some people looked injured and I wanted to heal them but I could not. In short, I'd love to be able to perform random acts of kindness. I mean, I'm marching in with a Star Fleet uniform on.

Love the dance game! Liked the doff mini mission, more like this please! Thank you!

In the desert I played the game out of sync:

1-I killed the Giant Scorpion when out in my first foray into the desert. Later I found out that it was a quest.

2-I freed the captives while travelling back from the Sand worm area. Note: parties of people sat around waiting for the kidnappers to spawn so there was not much of a challenge with 3-4 groups of players shooting up a group just beaming down.

Typos in the Undying bar. A patron say "Makes we want one..." We should be 'me".

More traps would make the Pit/Arena more interesting. I got ko'ed twice during the arena fights and the Mugatos were disappointingly easy. The sand scorpions, who appeared before the Mugato, were more difficult. The humanoid bosses were pretty difficult, and enjoyable.

I fell into the fire trap and my sci boff's tried to save/rez me without prompting, by jumping in. She died herself.

While I loved the chaos of the bar fight where everyone shot at each other, I can see players waiting for enemies to eliminate each other making for an easier walk through. On elite it was very easy.

For the record I love re-modulating weapons, it keeps fights interesting. The point and shoot fights get boring.

Spacefight: I saved a Reman ship and 4 others. The last group never materialized for us to fight. The green circle was present on the map but my party could only fly around, no encounters. I hope I do not have to replay the entire mission. I could not advance any further.

More notes to come.
Joined STO in September 2010.

Last edited by gerwalk0769; 05-10-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 45
05-10-2013, 07:52 AM
As player levels are picking up before the open beta, I have to say, I think the instance cap for Nimbus needs to be lowered. Many of the objective areas are quite small, smaller than the ones on Defera or Nukara, let alone New Romulus, and everyone's got a full away team crowding things up.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 46
05-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threat21 View Post
since we can't have uhura doing a seductive feather dance up on a sand dune, could tacofangs possibly volunteer to take up that responsibility? instead of feathers he could hold sticks with heads of lettuce on the ends.
You mean I've been dancing on that dune EVERY night for the past month, and no one has even noticed!?!?!?!

I quit.

:::throws down palm fronds, revealing everything:::
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?

Last edited by tacofangs; 05-10-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Rihannsu
# 47
05-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
You mean I've been dancing on that dune EVERY night for the past month, and no one has even noticed!?!?!?!

I quit.

:::throws down palm fronds, revealing everything:::
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...cc6bo1_500.gif

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
05-10-2013, 09:18 AM
The Undying -- During the space section of this mission, where you take on the Orion Dreadnought, the space station orbiting Nimbus III isn't the same one that you initially see when warping into the system.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Cryptic Studios Team
# 49
05-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
The Undying -- During the space section of this mission, where you take on the Orion Dreadnought, the space station orbiting Nimbus III isn't the same one that you initially see when warping into the system.
Good catch
Ensign
My away team 'piled' up on another on a few occasions when I was out in the desert around Paradise city -- particularly the 'Showdown with the Syndicate' scene.

Last edited by rld2; 05-10-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: spelling