Ensign
# 81 Respawning Speed - a bit fast
05-13-2013, 09:18 PM
On Nimbus, particularly in the Syndicate area leading up to the 'courtyard' the spawning seems too fast and too close - a number of times I was closed in on both sides by enemies ... I didn't have time to finish the second batch before the ones I just killed respawned behind me. On several occasions I just had to ignore them and run, otherwise I would still be breaking my mouse finger shooting them.

Last edited by rld2; 05-13-2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Ensign
Seriously guys? Really? How do you forget to create the gun when you're modding a Western quickdraw scene? When Law has the quickdraw against the Gorn, the reason the Gorn loses is because he's using his air gun. In fact, so is Law, I guess his was bigger.

Me doth sense some haste to get this update published.
Career Officer
# 83
05-14-2013, 05:01 AM
So I jsut started Lost city. finally through all that stuff I played through multiple times. lol
The scorpions were labeled as dawan arthorpods. The dance contest daily kept telling me my /me, or /em commands were invalid. but only sometimes.
While exploring the city, I got a random accolaide for smashing the gron rock throwers. I may have been maybe Near someone who did that? I don't know, but there weren't even any gorn where I could see them.

In the ruins it would appear iw as being attacked on occasion by an invisable giant sand worm, like the boss in the Iconian arena. Only you know.. invisable.
Captain
# 84
05-14-2013, 11:53 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before? The thread is a bit long to read at this stage. But anyway.

The part that annoyed me during the Nimbus arc was when I reached where we had to free the prisoners 4 times by force opening the doors etc. I died a few times here because my away team had no idea that they couldn't fire their weapons through the windows of the large outdoor cells and they even sometime just started running off on there own while I engaged the 4 or 5 enemies in the cells. Basically, they need their pathing adjusted so that they know where the doors are.

Secondly, when we complete the mission before "Installation 18" and for whatever reason, decide to beam up to our ship to log out, and then log in again to continue with the gameplay and continue "Installation 18", we find ourselves back at the entrance of Paradise Lost and therefore have to run all the way back to the installation fighting our way past loads of Gorn. It would be nice to be able to be beamed back to the Installation 18 entrance.

EDIT: I forgot to mention something else about before starting the mission for "Installation 18"... When we complete the previous mission and accept this one, and we are still there standing at the tower, we have to run outside of the yellow circle on the map and back into it again back toward the tower before the door glows and indicates the entrance is there. Sometimes this means taking on a bunch of sandworms again in the process.

That's my 2 EC's for now... Maybe more later as I play on.

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 05-14-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Career Officer
# 85
05-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Wow... This is another Nopada like place, far too big, and way too much running about like a headless chicken. Most of the missions except the Gorn sattelite and the Installation 18 missions, were mind numbingly boring.

Run around killing stupid scorpions and worms, finding old computers that are hard to get to. Killing worms gives you information?? Who thought that even makes any sense what so ever??

And the incredibly long and boring runs, with so many NPC's to kill that it just gets tedious.

Not to mention that section with Hassan... That level needs a redesign, same with the part in the desert fortress with having to bash open the doors.. My BO's get super jump powers, or they walk THROUGH force fields wich makes no sense.

And when we finally find Rinna, it's over in 5 seconds?? Really?? Tovan says Rinna and that's it??

Not my cup of tea at all sadly, the only good parts were the Gorn sattelite part and the Installation 18 one, rest was just cringe worthy

Last edited by otowi; 05-14-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 86
05-14-2013, 03:08 PM
When attacking the downed ship, enemy groups keep respawning very quickly. It's hard to kill all of one group, move on to the next and kill all of them, before the first group respawns. And since the spawn points are relatively close, your away team goes back to shooting the first group. This makes progressing through the fortress rather slow, and can quickly deplete your BOffs' consumables.
Rihannsu
# 87
05-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
-Got one-shot by the commander's grenade while stuck in stasis.. =L (Taking control of a player's character away from them is never an enjoyable mechanic.. neither are one-shot kills.. neither is having them combined. *stares death-daggers at tholian encounters*)
This ^^^
Seconded, signed, sealed and delivered..
Tholian, and to a lesser extent Elachi, ground teams are way overtuned, especially when you are facing a commander/captain group. (Tholian captain groups with 2 commanders... thanks for 3 respawns in 1 fight!)
Ensign
# 88
05-14-2013, 11:24 PM
And I skipped Temporal Ambassador. Who needs a slow T3 cruiser when all your ships come with a Battle Cloak?

So onto Nimbus. First off the outdoor environment looks outstanding. I almost don't want to explore it until Holodeck. But I did step outside, and I had two sets of my BOFFs out there. One who were NPCs, and another set that was following me.

Will post another two mission observations later. It's late in the day.
Captain
# 89
05-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabremeister1 View Post
And since the spawn points are relatively close, your away team goes back to shooting the first group. This makes progressing through the fortress rather slow, and can quickly deplete your BOffs' consumables.
+1 I agree with this totally and actually meant to mention it in my previous post above.
Career Officer
# 90
05-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Allrighty... so, in installation 18 I've just got off the elevator, and I have to do alot of back tracking and manuvering around because my Boffs keep getting stuck on anything, and Everything around them. :^/ This is highly annoying, and a terrible show of intelligance on thier parts. I may have to fire them. The elachi who killed itself was still in the stasis field after it had disintigated, still in the stunned appearance state.
The sopace battle at the end was a little one sided in thier favor. Yes your allies repair, and keep fighting,. But really? If it's meant to make you make use of some of your charge abilities it fails. Yiou cannot get them if you're consitiantly getting blown up before you even have one bar of charge. Also Toven says flotilla, the dialogue int he text box says New romulus. Where is his sister going? The contact for the first mission in the vengance line says she's going to new romulus in the text box, but as she has no VO I'm jsut not sure. :^P