Lt. Commander
# 1 Feature Suggestion for Zen
05-19-2013, 11:13 PM
So I was playing STO the other day and swapping around ships, playing a little with build ideas, and I was quickly frustrated by the fact that the BOFF/Power tray resets every time. Every g'damn time.

Now, really, that's fine. I understand that Cryptic is a company, and it makes way, way more financial sense to create new content that encourages people to pay money rather than fix 'bugs' that really aren't broken, just inconveniences. I understand that, I really, really do. I even appreciate it, despite the 30-90 seconds frustration it costs me to "fix" my ability tray.

So I'd like to propose this feature: Execute Bridge Officer.

As I understand military hierarchies, the executive officer is responsible for giving the captain a finely tuned ship wherein he makes the command decisions, and minutiae like figuring out how best to relay the Captain's orders is left to the XO.

So when the XO stuffs it up in this manner, I'd like a feature where I can send him out the airlock in a vac-suit, watch him climb down the front viewport and beg for his life. You can run an RNG based on my crew complement to get a vote, and then I want to exercise captain's perogative on whether or not to vaporize him with my main cannons, or watch him shame-facedly crawl back up to board the ship. Maybe you could even run a second RNG where the game discovers if my XO was barely competent enough to staff the guns' maintenance and firing properly, and perhaps they misfire and he lives anyway.

Now you don't have to make it First Officer specific, maybe I want to execute another BOFF for his poor performance on a ground mission.
And you can charge me money for it, too. I don't mind putting a little Zen into the satisfaction of executing my BOFF for his incompetence. I recognize that although the models and bridge sets exist, there's some animation work and a little programming work that would have to go into this feature. Don't make it cost too much, though. 25 or 50 Zen, maybe. Something I'd have left over from making another purchase.
Mechanically, after all, this is imitated by "discharge officer" career option - but I've been left feeling, so far, that my officers think that if they whine and behave incompetently enough, they can retire on a nice fat pension to Qo'NoS or even some resort planet. Quite frankly, my ship morale is not what I'd like it to be. My officers don't live in fear and my ship isn't run tightly.

Thank you for your consideration.
Commander
# 2
05-20-2013, 12:36 AM
there is no chance - none whatsoever, of anything remotely like this ever being implemented, nor should it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Oh, I quite agree, you silly Vulcan.