Rihannsu
# 111
05-15-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Engineering team.
Oh, I don't have that.

Wait... why does an eng skill fix a debuff from a sci skill?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 112
05-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkravenxp32 View Post
Devils Choice

1st time I managed to get to the 3rd incubator room but couldn't progress further. 2nd time through I can't get past the second cryo room. Manage to kill the enemies in the room, but the console interacts don't activate for me to progress. Kinda frustrating.

Lvl 34 Romulan Fed allied if that helps.
I've detected a similar behavior.
On the Cry Havoc mission, I've been unable to go past the Incubation Room Two.
I've Killed all NPC in the area and the mission still displays "Eliminate Incubators".
The trigger to advance to the next stage is not working properly on this mission, I've tried 3 times with a 100% reproduction rate on advanced difficulty with Federation allied Romulan.

Regards.
Starfleet Veteran
# 113
05-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Oh, I don't have that.

Wait... why does an eng skill fix a debuff from a sci skill?
Because engineering team handles subsystem disruption abilities. Same reason tactical team and science team both fix an engineering debuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leraxemas View Post
I've detected a similar behavior.
On the Cry Havoc mission, I've been unable to go past the Incubation Room Two.
I've Killed all NPC in the area and the mission still displays "Eliminate Incubators".
The trigger to advance to the next stage is not working properly on this mission, I've tried 3 times with a 100% reproduction rate on advanced difficulty with Federation allied Romulan.

Regards.
Make sure the objective updates to "Eliminate Incubators" before you kill any. You actually have to get some distance into the room, well inside of their agro range, before this happens.

The transition really needs to be moved back quite a ways, but it'll let you get past the mission for now.

This is the same issue the mountain pass mission on New Romulus had, and reports that the objective was the problem made it hard for devs to figure out what was really happening - the problem is actually the objective BEFORE the one that stalls.

Last edited by hevach; 05-15-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 114
05-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
You actually have to get some distance into the room, well inside of their agro range, before this happens.
Like a lot of missions, you need to enter the room, even though any reasonable person would fight from the doorway where there is cover.

The one where you need to kill the captain in the transporter room has (had?) the same issue.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 115
05-15-2013, 11:49 AM
I actually think The Best Defense shuttle part is just about right. I liked it so much and wanted to do better so I replayed it. I was in a To'Duj, which I totally recommend trying out with some cannons from a fun perspective.

The best survival tactic I found was concentrating on herding the squadrons. Keep them together and focusing a target, and pull them back to the center when things get thin. I got by with just a couple of respawns that way.

I really, really hope that the squadron AI gets ported to carrier pets and future missions because it was way better than what we have on most pets right now. IDK whose baby that bit was, but kudos.

I threw on a theta vent and didn't die, I think maybe if I had my doffs I could get through it alive. Doffs and rep gear, I could do it for sure.

Don't tone down the mission, just put something in the briefing about how you need to lead the squadrons instead of trying to do it all yourself.
Rihannsu
# 116
05-15-2013, 12:09 PM
So let me get this ... the mission is fine because you loaded a bunch of pay consoles and were using a pay shuttle?

... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Edit:

Oh Rep gear on a what is this intended for? lv 30-40? mission?

... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Default shuttle, default gear, no DOFF ... this is how it should be beatable.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 05-15-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 117
05-15-2013, 12:35 PM
I was able to easily do it in the Romulan runabout (costing a bit over 20k EC) with no reputation gear and just pulling a few consoles from my kludged warbird to fill empty slots. Once you figure out the squads and learn how to change their orders (there's no "best" order, you have to keep shifting them around to be effective) it's not terribly difficult.

In the boffless free shuttle now? Yeah, all of the shuttle missions are pretty much a lost cause in those.
Rihannsu
# 118
05-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
In the boffless free shuttle now? Yeah, all of the shuttle missions are pretty much a lost cause in those.
And guess what is the introduction mission for small craft in Romulan fraction?

Also if the mission is impossible on a ship then its the mission problem, all missions should be completed without resorting to pay ships of any kind, especially if they are the introduction mission.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Commander
# 119
05-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Oh, and one other piece of feedback.

We get the Rhi atmospheric event as a fleet action, can we get the finale of "Devil's Choice" retooled as a New Romulus ESTF somewhere down the road?
Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
Rihannsu
# 120
05-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
So let me get this ... the mission is fine because you loaded a bunch of pay consoles and were using a pay shuttle?

... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Edit:

Oh Rep gear on a what is this intended for? lv 30-40? mission?

... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Default shuttle, default gear, no DOFF ... this is how it should be beatable.
I beat it that way... it was really hard, but I did it. I probably should have used the squadron commands but i didn't bother....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.