Lt. Commander
# 21
05-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Personally, I've dumped about 20% of my Dilithium reserves into Zen purchases since things began to go up. The market usually goes up before a big content release. I'm surprised it hasn't gone any higher already.

I might even dump more into Z. Haven't decided yet.

Anyway, I've spent real $ on Z before, and even though I thoroughly enjoy the Vesta-Class bundle I purchased with such, I also felt incredibly foolish spending actual money to buy a virtual starship. So since then I've vowed not to buy Z ever again, and have not. Been tempted during sales, but I've resisted.
Ensign
# 22
05-08-2013, 12:25 PM
I honestly think that Zen should be much less. I cannot see spending $25 for a ship. It is ridiculous. I think the rate should be $10 buys you 2000 Zen. We are talking about real money here. Not fake **** you earn in game. Either fix everything to be earned in game or fix it so that all the ships that currently require Zen to buy can be bought with either Zen or Dilithium. I understand it is F2P and they still need to make money somewhere. I just think that if you spend a long time going through the game to collect what tiny amounts of Dilithium in the game then you should be able to use it for anything that is available. My current ship is a Sovereign class ship. I have all of the Mk XI Dominion gear on my ship and I am tired of constantly getting my butt kicked by *******s that have a lot of money they can actually spend on the game. Why can't games be more kind to people that are less economically stable?
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainvader83 View Post
I honestly think that Zen should be much less. I cannot see spending $25 for a ship. It is ridiculous. I think the rate should be $10 buys you 2000 Zen. We are talking about real money here. Not fake **** you earn in game. Either fix everything to be earned in game or fix it so that all the ships that currently require Zen to buy can be bought with either Zen or Dilithium. I understand it is F2P and they still need to make money somewhere. I just think that if you spend a long time going through the game to collect what tiny amounts of Dilithium in the game then you should be able to use it for anything that is available. My current ship is a Sovereign class ship. I have all of the Mk XI Dominion gear on my ship and I am tired of constantly getting my butt kicked by *******s that have a lot of money they can actually spend on the game. Why can't games be more kind to people that are less economically stable?
Welcome to the real world... Or I should say the way the world used to be before governments started controlling the economy for the proletariat.
Rihannsu
# 24
05-08-2013, 01:50 PM
I love when someone goes. 'just fix it at 50' because they want it as cheap as possible for the players.

dont worry about the other half of the playerbase, the zen sellers. screw them trying to get value for money.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 25
05-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Captain
# 26
05-08-2013, 02:22 PM
So who's turn is it to cry over the Dilithium exchange this month? Dil sellers?

Boo hoo. Boo hoo.
# 27
05-08-2013, 03:38 PM
I cant wait for it to hit 300 dil per zen again, then I will cash out a small % of zen to fill 7 chars coffers with dil HAHAHAHAHA

my join date was 02/03/2010 Kintisho 5,667,083(19,081)-ISA-
also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRATXezr_Tg
Captain
# 28
05-08-2013, 03:41 PM
I cant wait for it to drop then i will get rid of my 467k Dil im holding on to for c store stuff
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .

Star Trek Online : Delta Rising - not the best but it's not that bad STOP with the pitch forks as they come out every season or update it's boring seeing it on every page, thread and all mediums out there. .
Career Officer
# 29
05-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
I honestly think that Zen should be much less. I cannot see spending $25 for a ship. It is ridiculous.
You must be new here.

In a lot of F2P MMO's, mounts or vehicles cost between $20 to $60.

$25 for a ship is quite normal.

The other day in another MMO, I spent $100 to get one mount and two outfits. Trust me, you have it very good here.

Joined August 2009

Last edited by magusofborg; 05-08-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Rihannsu
# 30
05-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Quote:
If they lowered the cost of Zen, they would raise the cost of all the items in the C-Store. Its the real money that Cryptic/PWE wants, they could care less how much zen you have to buy with your money, the only reason Zen is 100 to $1 is so it's an easy number to remember. A $25 dollar ship would still cost $25 dollars, even if it was 25,000,000 zen instead of 2,500 zen.

By the way, to the OP, Cryptic and PWE have next to no control over the Dil Exchange, that's all up to the players.

Last edited by f9thaceshigh; 05-08-2013 at 10:06 PM.