Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Commander
# 31
05-09-2013, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
This SHOULD be fixed already. Can you confirm it's actually still happening since the last build?

Background buildings in the First City flickering in and out of existence
does NOT happen anymore when looking up from the Challenge Floor (where it used to be the most annoying). But it STILL happens when you are in the R&D area of the First City.

The Klingon-English switch of the signs still happens so early, that no one will ever notice this effect in the first place (until a year ago or so, it did not switch that quickly. Back then they also slowly transitioned from Klingon into English upon approach, now it's just a hard switch).
STOWiki admin.
Starfleet Veteran
The obvious problem is the competing VOs (worse than battling banjos). you have the Voice Over telling you the story at the same time the Tutorial is giving instructions; the end result is a brain thumping mess of noise that can barely be understood.

The usual camouflaged destination point; while doing the Rura Pente, I followed the path that I suspected I had to take, but did not notice the green circle since it was difficult to make out amongst the rest of the map details. Finally noticed it after doubling back to the main area (and cleaning up the rest of the prison pop)

Some minor grammatical errors, but nothing I would normally notice since I skim the dialogue boxes.
Republic Veteran
# 33
05-09-2013, 05:56 AM
In speaking with B'Elotja, the green text says Grand Hall, instead of Great Hall. The Great Hall is where the Chancellor and High Council of the Klingon Empire are during sessions. I know it's a minor detail, but as a Trek fan, this kinda grated on me. Please fix.

K'Gan needs voice overs. He is the player's First Officer for the KDF. The Romulan equivalent, Tovan Khev, has loads of Voice overs. It would help with immersion in the story. And what you've done for the KDF is so well written, it deserves some voice work.
Captain
# 34
05-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Doing the Fek'lir missions, the new portal textures cause ridiculous amounts of lag.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Empire Veteran
# 35
05-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Only gotten as far as Boreth but loving what Im playing.
The Devs deserve a heartfelt AttaBoy and AttaGirl for this new gameplay!
(Im sending coffee Im so happy)

Though the numerous minor bugs others have stated do still exist.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
05-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Oh, I also liked the fact that, seen from the inside, the Klingon Empire is not so monolithic and single-minded as it can seem from the outside. Just little things like NPCs saying stuff to the effect of "Boy, with all the infighting between the houses, our enemies can practically just stand back and let us kill ourselves", or that Klingon captain insisting that the Empire couldn't beat the Federation...it reminds you there's a lot of diversity of opinion in the Empire that you just don't get to see from the outside.
Captain
# 37
05-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyouki View Post
Oh, I also liked the fact that, seen from the inside, the Klingon Empire is not so monolithic and single-minded as it can seem from the outside. Just little things like NPCs saying stuff to the effect of "Boy, with all the infighting between the houses, our enemies can practically just stand back and let us kill ourselves", or that Klingon captain insisting that the Empire couldn't beat the Federation...it reminds you there's a lot of diversity of opinion in the Empire that you just don't get to see from the outside.
Kind of like they lifted a page out of DS9. KDF need their moment in the spotlight and if done right are extremely rewarding. I find it weird that one of the best Star Trek games ever made focused entirely on the Klingons yet they've been neglected for so long.

Empire Veteran
# 38
05-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Kind of like they lifted a page out of DS9. KDF need their moment in the spotlight and if done right are extremely rewarding. I find it weird that one of the best Star Trek games ever made focused entirely on the Klingons yet they've been neglected for so long.
Or the Gorkon Novels. Most of the choices and storyline Ive seen definitely points overtime to why the LG version of a toon will have the Order of the Bathleth possibly.

I love the new buddie you get from the freezer but it makes me wish for the Gorndogs handling kits I heard of many many moons before ,Devs.

Is this a hint of things to come?
Captain
# 39
05-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post

I love the new buddie you get from the freezer but it makes me wish for the Gorndogs handling kits I heard of many many moons before ,Devs.
It's just a pet to me if I'm honest, worthless in combat as it doesn't scale with your level.

Anyway - Anyone really experiencing weird texture bugs and lag with the KDF missions? Fek'lir story arc is insanely buggy. Invisible Warriors Hall, insanely laggy portals, the Fek'lir actually being disintegrated and becoming invisible halfway through a firefight was a bit of icing on top. Think I should post something in bugs about new textures though. Doubt it's ALL KDF related. Just pointing out a lot of them appear in this story arc.

My heart goes out to the dev that has to sit through and read all this.

Empire Veteran
# 40
05-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Thats true. The jackal does not. It needs to unless we have options to acquire one at later levels.