Rihannsu
# 61
05-11-2013, 01:58 AM
The mission 'the hunt is on' and the 'manhunt' could use some waypoints.

the hunt is on could use them for the bombs and the master spy.

manhunt for talking to the prisoners (really helpful as its easy to miss one) and then talking to k'mtar.

its not imperative as you can find where you need to go but it helps, especially for new players.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 62
05-11-2013, 02:55 AM
During "The Hunt is on" my character was referred to as "Joined Trill" by the Federation Spymaster. He couldn't really know that I was joined (okay joined ones are the only ones in the KDF but you know what I mean), I guess he would refer to "Liberated Borg" as such too. I think it would be better if they were called Trill and Klingon in dialogue (unless it gets too complicated with the liberated Borg of two factions in shared missions).
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.

Last edited by assimilatedktar; 05-11-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 63
05-11-2013, 03:48 AM
I have played up through the attack on utopia Planetia. Good pacing and progression so far. I like the changes to "bringing down the house" definately flows better with the new story. One thing, I'd like to see K'matar be a BO. He is heavily featured throughout the story arc, I feel he needs to be apart of the crew.
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Career Officer
# 64
05-11-2013, 04:39 AM
During "Bringing down the House" you encounter "Rival House Ensigns" on Forcas (Heir we go again), that should be Rival House Warriors. Klingons don't have ensigns.

Edit: I just finished "Bringing down the House" is the Bat'leth tournament gone with all its trophies? (nevermind, I just finished the storyline and it turns up as an optional. Still, quote shocking to veterans. )

Edit II: I now have 4 BOs but can still only take 3 with me on the away team for Last Call (nevermind, I guess that's because K'mtar beams down with you).
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.

Last edited by assimilatedktar; 05-11-2013 at 05:23 AM.
Rihannsu
# 65
05-11-2013, 04:50 AM
'House on fire' being played at level 50 has enemies that dont scale up. they were 41 levels below me.
edit - only seems to effect the space map.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission

Last edited by captainrevo1; 05-11-2013 at 04:54 AM.
Empire Veteran
House Pursued: Enjoyed it greatly though it can be a little hard to spot those itty bitty drones. Do not change it though I did enjoy the surprise factor of it.

So House of Torg remnants are working with Orion rebels to steal Borg tech and sell to a mysterious buyer named Hassan. (Does he chop?)
Simple but effective and as I said before I enjoyed it greatly. Though A little more foreshadowing may help the player not feel as if the player is trying to be surprised at the end by the revelation of what the House of Torg is attempting to do.

House of Fire: Very Good mission, Good dialogue and it (imo) even hinted to a possible Orion rebellion substory for the future of the KDF. It does need the occasional revenge minded warrior of the House Torg attacking the PC in addition to the Orion pirates (imo).
I enjoyed the Tal shiar/Romulan tie in as it points to the Tal shiars experiments with Borg technology later in the story line of STO.

Over all I enjoyed them both and found the mission both simple and intricate enough to entertain. A few little tweaks though could give it more life as a piece of the story.

Now I strap on my dancing shoes and go to Nimbus. I suspect that the Nimbus mission has been written in the same half-sense of satire as the movie it is linked too.
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Captain
# 67
05-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
House Pursued: Enjoyed it greatly though it can be a little hard to spot those itty bitty drones. Do not change it though I did enjoy the surprise factor of it.

So House of Torg remnants are working with Orion rebels to steal Borg tech and sell to a mysterious buyer named Hassan. (Does he chop?)
Simple but effective and as I said before I enjoyed it greatly. Though A little more foreshadowing may help the player not feel as if the player is trying to be surprised at the end by the revelation of what the House of Torg is attempting to do.

House of Fire: Very Good mission, Good dialogue and it (imo) even hinted to a possible Orion rebellion substory for the future of the KDF. It does need the occasional revenge minded warrior of the House Torg attacking the PC in addition to the Orion pirates (imo).
I enjoyed the Tal shiar/Romulan tie in as it points to the Tal shiars experiments with Borg technology later in the story line of STO.

Over all I enjoyed them both and found the mission both simple and intricate enough to entertain. A few little tweaks though could give it more life as a piece of the story.

Now I strap on my dancing shoes and go to Nimbus. I suspect that the Nimbus mission has been written in the same half-sense of satire as the movie it is linked too.
These were merely tweaked and adjusted Fed Patrol missions Roach.

Nimbus however is insanely good but needs a lot more polish especially in regards to environment placement.

Am quite curious if they've managed to fix parts of the decloaking bug? I've been managing to scan objects while cloaked and not be decloaked in pop ups.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Lieutenant
# 68
05-11-2013, 10:03 AM
So far so good just tried it an liked it thanks
Empire Veteran
# 69
05-11-2013, 10:45 AM
What the replayability of all the KDF missions? Will my existing LG be able to get his own kackal pet?
And why does that pet not level with us?

Otherwise Im really happy with what Im seeing.
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Empire Veteran
# 70
05-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
These were merely tweaked and adjusted Fed Patrol missions Roach.

Nimbus however is insanely good but needs a lot more polish especially in regards to environment placement.

Am quite curious if they've managed to fix parts of the decloaking bug? I've been managing to scan objects while cloaked and not be decloaked in pop ups.
Im aware it was a revamped fed mission. Im merely pleased they went to the trouble of not feeding us a simple non-KDFesqued rewritten fed copypaste.
I have not experienced the decloak bug in a few missions so far. I figured these rewrites would be easy to fix decloak in since they are specific maps being worked on.

A bit more polish would be nice though as they do seem a bit quick, really just little bits of flair nothing too seriuos.

Playing Nimbus soon. Gots to dust off and polish my dance shoes and disco suit.