Commander
# 1 Feds already have battle cloak
05-05-2013, 07:49 PM
well kinda using tier 5 romulan reputation ability to cloak and then masking your energy signature is in effect a temporary battle cloak.

just food for thought? what do you think?
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
Empire Veteran
# 2
05-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Doesnt really matter, they still don't get the damage bonus and cloak is not the massive edge that most feds seem to perceive it to be.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Lieutenant
# 3
05-06-2013, 02:16 PM
The romulan rep cloak lasts about 3 seconds (don't know the exact time) and does not give you the ability to position yourself for an attack. The ability is good for buffing science abilities, but with the long cool down, it is not very practical.
Captain
# 4
05-06-2013, 03:17 PM
For PVP, the Romulan Rep "Cloak" is useful in breaking targetting off you, even if it is only for a short bit, which is a very big deal, IMO, and most especially in a big fight where there's alot of stuff flying around. Anytime you can have someone not target you and hence, not shoot at you, is a big deal. At least to me.
Empire Veteran
# 5
05-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Me too. I hate that buzzing sound as rounds flyby my head. Especially while running in a crouch and trying to fire back......... What? I find it unsettling.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
# 6
05-06-2013, 05:21 PM
if they're runnin it's an awesome advantage. expecially if they've got defiant or gal x to cloak completely. neither tier 5 rom cloak or mask energy signature shuts your shields off, and there are other buffs out there besides the cloak damage bonus to exploit. could even be used in an offensive way!
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

Last edited by lykum; 05-07-2013 at 05:17 AM. Reason: correction
Commander
# 7
05-07-2013, 04:04 AM
I have seen a couple of kumari using this "battlecloak".
I think the mix consist of more and includes jam sensors too.
"There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
I refuse to be content :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
Commander
# 8
05-07-2013, 08:44 PM
The tier 5 Rom cloak is 5 seconds. Jam sensors can only debuff 1 target while mask energy signature erases you from view from everyone as long as you do not receive damage or get detected. using the tier 5 rom cloak to break fire, you stop shooting at them, hit the aux batt and mask energy signature before the cloak runs out.. if you have standard cloak wait til red alert goes away and finish cloak before the 30 seconds of mask energy signature runs out. You could even re-position and run a different attack before Mask Energy Signature run out of it's 30 second ability.

In reality it could be a real game changer in PvP when used en-masse.

Lt. Commander
# 9
05-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lykum View Post
well kinda using tier 5 romulan reputation ability to cloak and then masking your energy signature is in effect a temporary battle cloak.

just food for thought? what do you think?
Doesnt matter their ships still look like dessert spoons.

CAPTAIN! I'm picking up a Golden Age Supervillian on long range sensors. She appears to be mooning us U_U"

Last edited by nepht; 05-07-2013 at 09:22 PM.