Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 11
05-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
perfect chance for cryptic to show it has an interest in pvp by taking control of the boot camp....
Are you sure that's a wise suggestion, considering the lead developer doesn't even... Eh, I better watch it. But I think you have an idea.

Sad to see you go, dude. But good luck out there doctorin' it up! Come back and buy us keys with your newfound wealth!

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Captain
# 12
05-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radkip View Post
Are you sure that's a wise suggestion, considering the lead developer doesn't even... Eh, I better watch it. But I think you have an idea.

Sad to see you go, dude. But good luck out there doctorin' it up! Come back and buy us keys with your newfound wealth!
Ha! you would be surprised how little a person can get paid with 9 years of post-college ed. But if I ever write a book that makes the NYT bestseller list, I won't forget my STO friends=)

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
05-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Thanks for your leadership and guidance, Sargon! Bootcamp was a great experience for me and my friends. Can't get enough pvp now, which is good since i really need the practice . Best of luck to you in your academic endeavors!

Please stay in touch with us in STO.
Captain
# 14
05-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Congratulations to your latest achievement !
Career Officer
# 15
05-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Good luck, man.

We PvPers were very lucky to have you assist in the revival of our gametype.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 16
05-09-2013, 12:57 AM
A hardy Boot Camp farewell Sargon!

But I know I will, and hope to see you in game still. I have worked closely with you in the past year, and the confidence you have shown in your role has been appreciated.

I believe that the future of Boot Camp is strong, and that it is the personal responsibility of everyone to participate no matter what their level is, as it provides a foundation upon which PvP and the PvP Community as a whole can come together and celebrate something they enjoy.

For those wondering how they might make PvP better:

• Keep holding the PvP flag. Keep hammering away for PvP equality and dev. participation. Keep calling out the dev, inviting them to podcasts, etc.
  • Join OPvP.
  • Die with dignity.
  • Applaud with sincerity and gg.
  • Put aside your differences, prejudices and beliefs regarding ships, factions and people - they are stumbling blocks that separate you from just enjoying what is. Play STO like its the first time you have played.
  • Join in Boot Camp be it as student or coach.
  • Share you insights and builds, be they good or bad. You may learn a thing.
  • Join the Open Saturdays Boot Camp.

What does the future hold:

• The next set of classes, with important lessons learnt in how to manage an event this size. As time progresses, so will we improve on the content and the approach.
  • A new website for PvP enthusiasts to collaborate, share and find information.
  • Boot Camp Leaderboards are coming soon.
  • Boot Camp "STO Frontlines" Territory Control Tournaments coming soon.
  • Ask an Expert - have you ever needed to know something, asked on the forum or ingame and been inundated by various different opinions and still never sure what course to take? Well, now you will be in touch with some of the best, most talented (by experience and evidence) pvpers and be able to submit questions directly to them, in a Boot Camp format of "Ask Boot Camp".

Cheers,
@drkfrontiers
Boot Camp.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 05-09-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Rihannsu
# 17
05-09-2013, 01:09 AM
yep thanks for all, also big thanks to Dark for letting me help with new site as we are speaking I am waiting for final ship stats so I can code the ship templates for romulan.

I want to say thanks to all who made these PVP weeks better and boosted pvp Community.
-Spells

|| Open Door Policy ||
| Dues Ex Mechina |
Fleet Leader

Empire Veteran
# 18
05-09-2013, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Ha! you would be surprised how little a person can get paid with 9 years of post-college ed. But if I ever write a book that makes the NYT bestseller list, I won't forget my STO friends=)
I do rather know how you feel there, Sargon, just in a different manner.

Career Officer
# 19
05-09-2013, 01:49 AM
There's really not much more I can add that Jedi & Dark haven't.

Sargon was the person who had the idea, to do something that had never been done before. Involving what is universally acknowledged as the more passionate, knowledgeable, technically creative and hot-blooded community in StarTrek Online, and despite old rivalries between individuals and fleets. molded some of it's best and brightest into a tool to improve an aspect of the game that despite having had so little love from it's makers, has fantastic potential.

While yes, Sargon is leaving Bootcamp officially to go on into real life and do other things - he's still a PVPer, you will see him in the centre of a mass cloud of science spam accidentally sending TSS & Extends to a mine. He'll still be on TS every once in awhile to play and do that vacant Hugh Grant impression when i highjack the subject to crayons or elephants. He'll still be on hand when my fellow VA's and I need some advice and one day as another poster said, it's possible and i hope likely that he'll come back and take his seat which in my mind is still there - just vacant until his eventual return.

The Bootcamp continues.

We'll keep adding resources to help make PlayerVsPlayer more mainstream in STO.

We'll still pick out willing coaches and players to put up their free time to teach people new skills.

We'll continue to work with Bran, Bort and anyone else at Cryptic we can source embarrassing photos containing to help us.

We'll improve what we have now, learn lessons as things move forward and adapt to a game that never stops changing.

We'll be here when he gets back

Anyway, must dash - I feel like i'm about to go all Winston Churchhill on everyone.
Rihannsu
# 20
05-09-2013, 02:17 AM
First and foremost Congrats on the tenure track position Sargon. These are very hard to come buy.

AS for boot camp you achieved something truely great, and I m optimistic that it will continue to flourish.

Thank you for tall the effort you put into this. And good luck in your new job, may i ask roughly where it is going to be? East coast ..West Coast EU??
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013