Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 TNG Romulan Uniform Available
07-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Romulan Republic characters can now adventure throughout the STO galaxy wearing the uniforms inspired by Star Trek: The Next Generation!

Read more about them in this Dev Blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 08-19-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Republic Veteran
So, I was actually going to buy these.. since the patch notes claim that the palette issues have been addressed.

Imagine my surprise when I can't actually buy Zen.

I'm getting a Server Not Found error when trying to buy using my credit card.

I've tried in both IE and FireFox, to no avail...

Is there an issue with the "securepay" server? Trying to either ping or tracert gives the message:

tracert = Unable to resolve target system name securepay.perfectworld.com

ping = Ping request could not find host securepay.perfectworld.com. Please check the name and try again.

I've made sure securepay.perfectworld.com is in my "trusted" list of websites to access...

So, any clues?

Jolan'tru
Rihannsu
# 3
07-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonheld View Post
... since the patch notes claim that the palette issues have been addressed.
Ah yes .... they claim but in reality its still borked borked borked as it was before.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Republic Veteran
# 4
07-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Ah yes .... they claim but in reality its still borked borked borked as it was before.

Well, that's.. sad.

So much for the uniforms.

Can't really get the new Dreadnought Warbirds either with the Zen problem tho...

Jolan'tru
Rihannsu
# 5
07-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Well I would suggest trying by Steam, it does meaning having to install the whole thing but at least Steam Wallet works.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Rihannsu
# 6
07-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonheld View Post
...since the patch notes claim that the palette issues have been addressed.
Are you friggin' kidding me?!? The TOS Romulan Uniforms are still broken?!?

If that's the case, no TNG Romluan Uniform purchase for me.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Republic Veteran
# 7
07-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Well I would suggest trying by Steam, it does meaning having to install the whole thing but at least Steam Wallet works.
Okay, I've never used Steam to buy Zen (didn't even know that was possible), and not sure exactly how to go about it.

Following what it states, here:

Quote:
"Your Steam wallet is where you can find the money you have placed into your Steam account. This money can be used to buy Zen in any of our games currently on Steam. To make a purchases using Steam, you must first login into the game via the Steam client. Downloads and logins from the Perfect World website will not be able to connect to Steam.

Once in game, go to the cash shop and click the "Buy Zen" button. This will bring up the Steam overlay. From here, you can either chose to use funds that are already in your Steam wallet to purchase Zen, or you can add funds to your Steam Wallet to purchase Zen with. Any Zen purchased via Steam will go directly into the game you are logged into, no transfer required!
I've loaded the cash in my Steam Wallet, added STO to Steam, and launched the game.. Now, when I try to buy the Zen, STO isn't connecting to Steam, or something.. I get no error, but in Steam, it just lists the transaction as failed... <sigh>

Anyone able to give me a hand here?
Career Officer
# 8
07-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Also,

The Discount Is A Lie!

Still asking 550 zen for uniforms.
Reave
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-11-2013, 03:01 PM
The slots are on discount, the uniforms stay the same price. See what they did there ?
Career Officer
# 10
07-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Ah, I do... I think.
Reave