Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
I thought this was fixed months ago, but once again I cannot get changes to my HUD to apply. I make changes in the options screen (eg. showing character names when moused over), press Apply, and it does nothing. If I press Ok, it closes the window, but does not apply the changes.

It's making it hard to play when I can't see any names, reticles or what have you.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Ensign
# 2
02-19-2013, 05:32 AM
I noticed this as well. Makes healing those out of party alot harder.

Anyways, I noticed a mild workaround that may help a few people in the meantime:

If you had saved a HUD setup when mouse-over was still working, it can be loaded to re-enable mouse-over correctly, but, any changes to your HUD will break Hover-Over upon applying.
So if you load it, its exactly that, or no Hover-over.

Not much, but, something at least.
Captain
# 3
02-19-2013, 06:20 AM
Go to C:/Program Files/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live and edit the UI_settings.txt file. Once all edits are done, load it in the game's options panel, and hit Apply.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Captain
# 4
02-19-2013, 05:12 PM
I've looked at that file. It's rather a confusing prospect to edit that. In any case, that's a workaround. Cryptic needs to fix this themselves.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Starfleet Veteran
# 5
03-19-2013, 07:22 AM
I did wonder what the hell was going on, and why my options did not match what I had selected.
Through experimentation I did find the save and load UI settings do work, so I can manually edit that file.
I did mess up one guys settings though when I clicked load UI before I had saved it, when trying to sort out the HUD options mess.
Captain
# 6
05-09-2013, 01:36 AM
I know it's a bit of a necro, but this is STILL a problem, months since my last post and YEARS since I first reported it.

Can we fix this bloody thing, please?