Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Commander
# 111
05-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captsol View Post
Nothing, welcome to playing an MMO. Downtime is part of making sure the game works. Carry on.
Do me a favour. read what people feel about this,then comment again.
Captain
# 112
So... you did Maintainance on Tuesday instead of Thursday, hoping to avoid having downtime on Thursday, only to have to do Emergency Unscheduled Maintainance on Thursday anyway?

I'm reminded of an old saying about "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"...
Career Officer
# 113
Like many of us, I'm sure, I am becoming increasingly concerned about the hardwares ability to cope with the predictable surge in connections on LoR day.

The many outages we've experienced lately, both scheduled and unscheduled, do not inspire confidence.

However, I'd be far more sanguine if Branflakes was able to stop dancing around the issue and speak plainly.

It seems to me that Cryptic made an error recently when they launched NW and did not predict that the increased traffic would overload their systems.

There has been no real acknowledgement, or even outright denial, of that.

If these recent maintainances are designed to massively upgrade the capacity of the hardware in preparation of LoR day, then come right out and say it. Be specific, not vague.

A comparison of how much traffic the hardware can bear after these maintainances, as opposed to how much the server was able to bear on the 3 year anniversary launch would be instructive.

We know that on the 3 year anniversary, hardware was unable to cope with the demand and massive queues resulted.

Telling us precisely how much better the hardware will be, compared to that day, would go a long way to calming peoples fears for LoR day.
Lieutenant
# 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff3277 View Post
Well, I'm going to burst some bubbles here. For all you people crying about the servers going down: Get over yourselves! You guys complain about what's going on for the past few days, when SWG was up, this was normal ... servers going down, needing fixed. If they need to fix something, let them do it now. Yeah it's bad timing but here something you need to know as well: Life isn't fair. This isn't Buger King, you don't get it your way. If you don't like what's going on then quit the game.
While thats all well and good Ive got a sneaky feeling that this has something to do with neverwinter, seems funny they have a regular 1 1/2 hour maintenance then suddenly
not 30 mins after its done they have to take all cryptic games down for a so called
"emergency maintenance" just all seems a little fishey to me........
Career Officer
# 115
05-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Is it time to send Kyle in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckIMuvumYrg
Lieutenant
# 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Since this is UNsceduled downtime, the point is invalid.
That is very smart of you. Downtime is downtime. Scheduled or not.
Republic Veteran
# 117
Welcome to Star Trek Offline.
# 118
Will this fix the issue with people not being able to join fleets as well?
Career Officer
# 119
05-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Yes we can, I invite my new friend to play a Star Trek Offline!
www.confederazionestellareitaliana.com
Premade Pvp Falchi Tricolori
Lieutenant
# 120
05-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierzy View Post
Time is dilithium Cryptic. We should be compensated, 500 free dilithium per hour of downtime.
Crewman: Captain, sensors are registering bio signs outside the ship. They appear to be humanoid.

Captain: Prepare an away team and investigate. Report back in 3 hours.

Closed Thread