Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Ensign
# 141
05-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ef261 View Post
The next time there's a maintenance, can it PLEASE not be right when everyone in the UK is coming home from work, or school? -_-
i agree with this .. got home looking forward to play some sto and then .. nothing :'(
Career Officer
# 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Oh FFS! I don't usually like to rant or 'go off on one' but seriously?!

It's UNSCEDULED downtime on a friggin GAME.

PLEASE STOP ACTING AS IF CRYPTIC HAVE COMMITTED SOME GREAT CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY!!

For pity's sake, go and read a book (though I wonder if the Great Entitled actually know what a book is anymore) or, god forbid, open that thing in your home called the 'front door' and try doing something that doesn't involve vegetating indoors in front of a computer!
Go buy a car. then have the engine turn off 3 hours a day. in middle of nowhere. Imagine you then being told to go on a walk while the engine cools off. Imagine how happy you would be then.

yes, I am a gold player, I pay for the game...imagine that
Captain
# 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabinoudu73 View Post
By far cryptic or whoever runs the server is the worst managing company I've ever seen, and I've tried alot of other games in my life. Thank god this game is free to play.
You've obviously never played SWTOR.
Republic Veteran
# 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by erathiel View Post
On last maintenance they said there will not be any maintenance on thursday but I knew that we can't trust when they said there will not make it today and I see I'm right about it.

I hope after this maintenance we will not see any server crash anymore before or after 21th
The Patch and this is two completely different things.

Cryptic keeps making something signature worthy almost everyday now, I 'm taking a break
Starfleet Veteran
# 145
05-09-2013, 10:17 AM
I do enjoy the EU players complaining about why the maintenance had to be during peak playing time for them. Many of the players from the EU didn't seem so sympathetic to the US players on Saturday. I just wouldn't expect any sympathy about the current predicament from any of the US players.
Captain
# 146
Und now I pay for zeh folly of not checking zeh Forums before logging in. Was in the middle of a mission and didn't notice any warnings. Cool that they are making changes to deal with outages, but I hope this turns out to be a plus client side and not one of those server is stable but DCs everyone fixes, I will not be futzing with my computer for the sake of one game, not while it works great for everything else.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Ensign
# 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskirke View Post
Try and think Positive!!

Maybe they're setting up a Cool new Weekend Event for us All! Something Awesome! Something Cool! Hence the additional down time on Thursday.

Crossing my Fingers
That would be cool, but right now i would be happy to get to join a fleet and be able to see the characters once in a while when i log in.
Ensign
Look , Many of us are monthly members or lifetime members. Honestly with this increasing amount of maintenance it is getting harder and harder to find game time. It seems that you always take the server down. I realize that you are trying to make a better game for us to enjoy, but come on..... we know it should not have to be like this.

So maybe you can meet us in the middle somewhere I am not saying Refund, and I know that this is a supply and demand situation, but you know little giving from your end would really kinda boost moral......

Think about it, maybe you guys can add an extra special deal for us or maybe a special gift for all of our patients through these trying times of constant maintenance.

We love the game or we would not be here, but there is no need to take advantage of us.... "give and you shall receive".
Lieutenant
# 149
What exactly is the problem that seems to be eluding the dev team? I mean "server optimization"? what does that mean? and why? seems quite a few people here at least would like some kind of answer for their time, and for some it is PAID time, as in subscribers/lifers. the only compensation i would like to see is 30 days of game time being exactly that, not 29 or 28 because the game un unplayable due to "server optimization"
Career Officer
# 150
05-09-2013, 10:18 AM
for those of you who are unable to read behind the redacted lines your brain puts in. i will help you.

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games

this has nothing to do with STO. it is most likely hardware upgrades, adding more server etc
things that only can be done wile the servers are down. I know it sucks. but in order to maintain up-time you need down time. and when you have unexpected down time. (like we had early this week) you invest more down time in hope it does not happen again.

now can we stop acting like crack addicts please?

oh and. down time is part of any MMO. the only time you get compensated for downtime is if it lasts days in one stretch

from the TOS http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms
18. Interruption of Service

(a) PWE reserves the right to interrupt the Service from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that PWE will not be liable for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
(b) You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of PWE, and PWE cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. PWE shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
(c) PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
(d) PWE is not be obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Services by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a) or (b).

Last edited by srafaorasp; 05-09-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Closed Thread