Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Ensign
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3
# 201 Mine Trap
05-09-2013, 10:30 AM
For gods sake would you please fix BUILDING #4 on mine trap and how about a ROMULAN mission were we can get some decent marks for the romulan tier , doing it 20 to 30 at a time SUCKS ... I mean since your fixng stuff or so you say becaus ebuilding 4 has been broke for months now

Last edited by nchitman; 05-09-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 71
# 202
05-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgressistance View Post
sorry, but they just give you the SERVICE.

they repair the bad parts,they do what whats necessairy to let the people play,without much problems, they temporaily take a game service down, to let you enjoy it more without problems when its back up.

so dont come with they dont gie my my sweetroll while i pay for it...they do there job.

orif youre car breaks down and you go to a garage you say i want my money back because its broken? or let you repair it??
Yes I do. I would take it back to the garage if they said they just fixed it...

You are acting as if this the server didn't just go down 2 days ago and we were told that this maintenance was being performed then so that we would not have any interruption today.

I do see your point being valid only if they did not stick their foot in their mouth on Tuesday telling us they had it under control.

Don't assume everyone would QQ if there wasn't a valid reason. This here I believe, is a valid reason.
Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 38
# 203
05-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreuge View Post
This is the first thought that entered my mind as well.
Except some of us do pay for it...
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 254
# 204
05-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank65 View Post
"first off, neverwinter have its own server,it doesnt share the same server as sto.so for everyone saying neverwinter needs its own server, thats not treu."

While I do agree with this just like i said earlier it seems fishy that not 30 mins after a maintenance on never winter 7 to 8:30 PDT (10 - 11:30 EST) that they have to take all games down for a "emergency
maintenance".........
while it doesnt share the same server, it can share other parts in the network, thats something i cant denie.

so if they did something wrong with the nw update, look out i did say if, meaning it doesnt have to be the truth, it can effect the shared parts, like the router, or the network acces sharing point,or the firewall, i dont know what they all share, but its a posebillity.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,662
# 205
05-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmackie View Post
Any even better idea is don't say there will be no maintenance ON ANY DAY in the future then it wouldn't bite them period.

I am also worried about the legacy of Romulus expansion, there does seems to be ALOT of downtime lately
What they said there wont be a patch on Thursday, which there is not, since this is a Cryptic wide thing and not a STO thing.

Cryptic keeps making something signature worthy almost everyday now, I 'm taking a break
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 74
# 206 Performance Optimizations
05-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

The goal of this maintenance is for additional performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we've seen recently.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Cryptic Studios Team
Branflakes, get some new buz words. I am beginning to think you copy and paste this line over and over in the last month.

Also .. patience and understanding is wearing very thin lately.
Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet
(228 members and growing)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 127
# 207
05-09-2013, 10:31 AM
I was under the impression that there would be no more downtime for maintenance this week because of the server crash that happened yesterday. Isn't that why you patched early?

Given the recent crashes and hours of downtime coinciding with Neverwinter's open beta, I'm not really filled with a lot of confidence with LoR's release looming on the horizon. Kang once said "Only a fool fights in a burning house," but I'm thinking that only a fool runs three MMOs off the same server room.
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
# 208
05-09-2013, 10:31 AM
I kills me to think they're trying to run all these different games off the same linked servers, where if one poorly developed and unstable game falls, (cough, Neverwinter) they all fall.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 49
# 209
05-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake122svk View Post
It has been announced as "unscheduled" to the player base. Whether it is truly unscheduled is a completely different issue. At this point, I am inclined to believe this downtime was scheduled just like any other one on thursdays, but they decided to announce it differently to avoid nerd rage over the fact that they were supposed to perform the regular maintenance + patch earlier this week.
Exactly my thoughts. They assume all their customers are dumb idiots.
Career Officer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 108
# 210
05-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazziecakez View Post
Now when ever there is a maintenance I will watch Star Trek from episode 1 of the original series to the latest movie that was released. With the amount of downtime we've been having it shouldn't take me that long... Then again.. What ever at least it will give me something to do.

I'll leave you guys to this, I have a date with the handsome and brash Captain James T. Kirk ^^
Amazon Prime just added TNG HD if you have that service.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:05 AM.