Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Republic Veteran
# 221
05-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank65 View Post
"first off, neverwinter have its own server,it doesnt share the same server as sto.so for everyone saying neverwinter needs its own server, thats not treu."

While I do agree with this just like i said earlier it seems fishy that not 30 mins after a maintenance on never winter 7 to 8:30 PDT (10 - 11:30 EST) that they have to take all games down for a "emergency
maintenance".........
Most likely because it's another piece of their network architecture acting up that their three games are behind like aging routers or a gateway server. But with this many outages in a short span of time, I really think they need to stress test their network before LoR hits on the 21st. Otherwise I'd say that we're looking at another large breakdown.
Lieutenant
# 222
05-09-2013, 09:34 AM
if cryptic is going on this way, the should rename the game and call it "star trek offline"

really, even ubisoft has extremely stable workling servers compared to this...not to mention that the game itself is crashing 100 times more than any other game i have ever played.

thanks that it is free to play, otherwise i had stop playing it long time ago...
Career Officer
# 223
05-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Oh noes! I can't play an online game for a few hours! My life is OVER!!!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lieutenant
# 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by pec3 View Post
This stinks. I was near the end of the mission when the server went down. I need Energy credits, dillitium, etc to improve my ship, and now I can not do that. Will Criptic make it up for lost time by giving me good amount of Dillitium, and Energy credits for this 3 hours that I would make if server is online.

I do not think so.
You are loosing people in Europe, and turn us against you by doing this. Why you are doing this by Europe day time, why do not do that by USA day time?

uh its 9:30am in California buddy... last time I looked at a map that is America and I would venture to say that 9:30am is kinda day time.
Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
Ensign
# 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by general1devon View Post
FOR F***S SAKE WOULD ALL YOU ENTITLED WHINNY NO LIFES QUIT YER *****'N ?

Seriously This is one of the most whinny, self righteous communities ever. You guys can really be worse the the little Xbox kids. You don't deserve compensation for EMERGENCY downtime no more then a doctor deserves an extra $5,000 for being called in for an emergency. To all the UK players, its Unscheduled, which means they didn't plan it so they couldn't make it another timezone. To people who payed lots of money for things in this game like me, just because you invested in an MMO doesn't mean you deserve free goodies every time the game takes a ****. Yeah it sucks not being able to play but there are plenty of other things to do, like Idk have a life outside of the MMO. You guys sound like crack heads in Detroit. NOW STFU BEFORE I FIRE MY LAZER!
LMAO go to the world of tanks forums!
Survivor of Remus
# 226
05-09-2013, 09:36 AM
People,people....breathe in......breathe out.....breathe in.......breathe out....there,now you have Zen.
Survivor of Romulus
# 227
It really would be better if sto and NW were on seperate servers
Ensign
# 228 hm
I have been a STO player since Day 1 of launch. I went out and spent $60 to buy the game. I have seen many issues but not this many since the first week of launch. I'm not happy with the issues but the fact that for most of the 3+ years have not been bad with issues. Yes Cryptic tends to be a little slow on fixing issues, but at least they address them and acknowledge them. I won't threaten to leave but I do think players who pay should be compensated in some form, even if its just a rare tribble, dilithium, zen, whatever. Unscheduled or not, Cryptic does need to fix the server issue for good somehow. With LoR and Neverwinter launches nearing, can't bode well for those who really enjoy the game.
Rihannsu
# 229
First pwebranflakes said on 7.05 :

"While the team is working to bring up all Cryptic services, we will conduct this week's Holodeck maintenance to avoid scheduled downtime on Thursday"

So he didnt say anything about implement patch on thursday but said about avoid maintenance/downtain today.
Captain
# 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by general1devon View Post
FOR F***S SAKE WOULD ALL YOU ENTITLED WHINNY NO LIFES QUIT YER *****'N ?

Seriously This is one of the most whinny, self righteous communities ever. You guys can really be worse the the little Xbox kids. You don't deserve compensation for EMERGENCY downtime no more then a doctor deserves an extra $5,000 for being called in for an emergency. To all the UK players, its Unscheduled, which means they didn't plan it so they couldn't make it another timezone. To people who payed lots of money for things in this game like me, just because you invested in an MMO doesn't mean you deserve free goodies every time the game takes a ****. Yeah it sucks not being able to play but there are plenty of other things to do, like Idk have a life outside of the MMO. You guys sound like crack heads in Detroit. NOW STFU BEFORE I FIRE MY LAZER!
Who's whining? Hint: Look in the mirror.
Closed Thread