Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 551
05-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
That and "Gorn with the Wind." Never fails.
no its your clock, its 19:08 GMT and UTC is 1 hour behind. 19:08 is 18:08 UTC
Career Officer
# 552
05-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qrtrmstr View Post
Bran...this is not good. As I discussed the communications person on FB (since the initial crashes were only being posted there) LoR is a tremendous undertaking. I, along with hordes of other real 1000+ day players and lifetime members such as myself are attempting to balance support with frustration and fear. With LoR coming, the issues going on are creating an image of complete instability. I know personal friends in game and IRL that are planning on returning to STO in 12 days for launch...I anticipate a lot of player returning to check out the new u/i, re-finished Drozana station, and of course the Romulan stuff...but it's been nearly daily now...combined we're talking at least 1.5 days of down time. The devs propagate fixes and then it all crashes or we have these emergency issues. It's player like us who try and keep things positive, remain supportive, and try and minimize the exodus of players that has been going on. Published or not, we all know the numbers are down...but even our patience gets worn thin. This makes it really difficult for us to stay positive and talk to players about why they should remain and not go back to WoW. I don't want what happened to CoH/CoV to happen here. None of us vested/invested players want that. So while you try and manage things, perhaps the week leading up to LoR's launch, you
Should announce an extended down time of 48 hours. Take everything down and make it right, actually fix the problems going on, be the GOTY that you are supposed to be, the GOTY you won for a reason. Players understand server problems but what's happened really had been quite ridiculous and unacceptable. There is still buzz all over the Internet and CNET about EA's disaster with Sim City's reboot, with even the games creator speaking out against EA and Maxis. This is not the sort of publicity STO/Cryptic/PW needs. You only get to launch something once...if you guys screw this up, we all suffer. Please try and remember that people talk crap because their frustrated, but these same people completely count on you guys and your ability to be stable...this is a great game, IMO, the best MMO created, and I don't want to lose something I am so personally invested in...a lot of hours have gone into gear and sets...prior to the F2P and Rep systems...please, just don't screw this launch up...we are all counting on this to bring the numbers back, to get large fleet and more tier 5 fleets and reduced load times for STF's because players are back and running events. Please do whatever it is you need to do to get this right.

For the player whom said that I would be affected by the mindless drones of complainers lol I say the "I shall resist you with my last ounce of strength!" ~Capt Jean-Luc Picard
I swear this is like the third time i've seen this post.

Someone call Mr. Gorbachev, because we've got a veritable Berlin-Wall of Text that needs tearing down.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Commander
# 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannosword View Post
I hate temporal mechanics.
Just be glad they don't network to you via satellite
Career Officer
# 554 server down time/
I think its been longer than 3 hr's
Ensign
# 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
A Ferengi, a Cardassian, and a Gorn walk into a bar . . .

Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down all Gorn Jokes for maintenance and expect it to last for 3 hours. Ferengi jokes will also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for additional performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we've seen recently.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Cryptic Studios Team
What Star Trek race do pirates love the most?

- The Jem'Hadarrrrrrrrrrrrr
Lieutenant
# 556
05-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orici1701 View Post
no its your clock, its 19:08 GMT and UTC is 1 hour behind. 19:08 is 18:08 UTC
We will be performing emergency maintenance from 9AM-12PM PDT (1600-1800 UTC).
Lieutenant
# 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by general1devon View Post
Seriously This is one of the most whinny, self righteous communities ever.
You've never visited the BGO forums, have you?
Survivor of Romulus
# 558
my agent reports there is a green light on NW
Starfleet Veteran
# 559
I like my theory. Someone tripped over the cable and pulled out of the wall. Now, they have to do a hardboot on the servers that's why it is taking a long time for the game to come up.... lol
Commander
# 560
05-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ychild View Post
I like my theory. Someone tripped over the cable and pulled out of the wall. Now, they have to do a hardboot on the servers that's why it is taking a long time for the game to come up.... lol
And the power button is behind a locked cage and the key guy is on vacation...next
Closed Thread